Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Bethie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: My World, Highview, Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Earth, The Milky Way, Local Group, Local Supercluster

27 Jul 2010, 8:58 pm

I'm actually quite similar. It might sound ridiculous, but having piss-poor self esteem is probably a lot of the reason in my case. Darker seasons are kinder to uglies than glaring obnoxious light. It seems like everyone loves the warm weather, but I never considered pouring sweat and panting to be enjoyable. Must be my odd Aspie brain. :lol:

I've always been a creature of the night. I love storms, and winter is my favorite season. So the preference as far as light is pretty consistent.

JLee50
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Jul 2010, 9:23 pm

Ohh I love summer...especially hot and dry (i.e. Arizona). Winters are cold and dreary. :(

Dnuos
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2010, 4:54 pm

Kind of the opposite, Summer's usually when I'm feeling best. I also enjoy the heat (sweating is annoying at first, but hey). I can agree with the hard-to-see thing though - I guess my eyes are really sensitive, but the only thing I hate about sunny weather is that it's so hard to keep my eyes open. I keep them open, but I can't open them all the way, ever - even if the sun's in the opposite direction.

The opposite - I don't think it's seasonal affective disorder, but the past several years, Winter's when my mood usually just drops. I've always had depressive issues of some sort show themselves much more during the winter. I still remember last fall, swearing that this time, this year's winter wouldn't depress me. Ironically, it was the worst depression I've had. But it continued through spring (as they sometimes do), so I don't think it's seasonal based, just normal depression. Could be based that I do much more exercising in the summer than in winter.

JLee50
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Jul 2010, 5:22 pm

Dnuos wrote:
Kind of the opposite, Summer's usually when I'm feeling best. I also enjoy the heat (sweating is annoying at first, but hey). I can agree with the hard-to-see thing though - I guess my eyes are really sensitive, but the only thing I hate about sunny weather is that it's so hard to keep my eyes open. I keep them open, but I can't open them all the way, ever - even if the sun's in the opposite direction.

The opposite - I don't think it's seasonal affective disorder, but the past several years, Winter's when my mood usually just drops. I've always had depressive issues of some sort show themselves much more during the winter. I still remember last fall, swearing that this time, this year's winter wouldn't depress me. Ironically, it was the worst depression I've had. But it continued through spring (as they sometimes do), so I don't think it's seasonal based, just normal depression. Could be based that I do much more exercising in the summer than in winter.

For me, a big part of what I hated about winter was all my fun stuff is entirely reliant on summer..i.e. sports car and motorcycle. I bought a snowmobile last year, and I have my truck up for sale in favor of a turbocharged Subaru so hopefully we can now have fun year-round. :D

Spyral
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

31 Jul 2010, 7:16 pm

Summer--ick! Oklahoma summers are really brutal on me. My mom says it's because I'm overweight (which I am) but I've always hated the heat. The best way I think to describe it is as offensive. Like I'm being personally attacked when I go outside. I don't mind sweating (I exercise at home and love to dance around in the house) and it's not the brightness--our winters are pretty darn bright also. It is like the heat is touching me or something and I can't bear it.

My favorite quote about the heat: My blood is too thick for California: I have never been able to properly explain myself in this climate. Not with the soaking sweats ... wild red eyeballs and trembling hands.

The cold, though--that I love and frequently skip wearing a coat altogether if I can get away with it.

kx250rider
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

01 Aug 2010, 9:50 am

I have mixed feelings about it... Long, bright sunny days are tiresome to me on one hand, and certainly not exciting (more like depressing). Violent, stormy, changeable weather excites me, and puts me in a good spirit. Rain is soothing and pleasing to me as well. Gray cloudy days make me feel energetic, and that's why I like coastal Southern California... Gray and cloudy all day 'til about mid-afternoon, all the way through July (and today's Aug 1, and it's still this way). Dallas summers are hot, sweaty and sticky, but GREAT summer storms! I do, on the other hand, appreciate the warm evening temperatures and later sunsets, since I love to go motorcycle riding in the evening. My attitude toward summertime also changes, depending on what physical shape I'm in. When I'm suffering from a year-long attack of sciatica (back problem), and I can't work out or be in shape, I don't have any reason to want weather for swimming or going with shirt off. But when I'm all in shape (God willing as I am right now), I can't wait for an excuse to take my shirt off in public :wink:

Charles