How not to come across as a stalker and a creep

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2010, 11:35 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
I'd say check into what kind of emotional/gestural presence your bringing with you when you try to talk to guys.

Do you remember that scene in the Abyss where he was about to disarm the bomb by clipping the right wire and realized the spectrum of the light he had made the two wires look the same color, and he couldn't identify the proper one?

Yeah.

sunshower
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2010, 6:52 am

Dilbert wrote:
Quote:

That's about it. There is one more popular method: substance abuse; but I don't recommend it.

That's pretty much a guaranteed method to make you come across as a stalker and a creep. Especially with women you don't already know. Highly NOT recommended.

bewarethebob
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2010, 6:59 pm

I came off as a stalker once.
I really wasnt.
didnt really do anything cept comment on her fb

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2010, 7:03 pm

Chronos wrote:
Do you remember that scene in the Abyss where he was about to disarm the bomb by clipping the right wire and realized the spectrum of the light he had made the two wires look the same color, and he couldn't identify the proper one?

Yeah.

Ouch. Good luck with that. My anxiety reaction was typically to simply have my muscles cease up, my jaw lock up, I actually had involuntary mutism from time to time in my mid-20's (PTSD was that bad). I stuck out with some opportunities back in college, partly because I was so proud of my ability to show that I knew what was going on and stick to following the red tape (what I thought was the 'dignified' thing rather than what I was say in my early/mid teens), the other part - if girls approached me at the wrong time they'd simply get nothing in reply. To this day, if a girl catches me off guard and smiles, I can't smile back - its like my face can't move that fast (I get the impression NT's have this problem though when they're run down or dealing with a lot at once? It could be a heavy dose of environmental overload as well). Seems like for a lot of us though its the involuntary things in life that make life so fun :roll: ...what can you do though right?