Do guys that drink beer get laid more often?

Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

How successful are you with the ladies?
I don't drink beer and the ladies wont give me the time of day. 32%  32%  [ 11 ]
I drink beer regularly and the ladies wont give me the time of day. 12%  12%  [ 4 ]
I don't drink beer and I have moderate success with the ladies. 9%  9%  [ 3 ]
I drink beer regularly and I have moderate success with the ladies. 9%  9%  [ 3 ]
I don't drink beer and the ladies wont leave me alone. 9%  9%  [ 3 ]
I drink beer regularly and the ladies wont leave me alone. 6%  6%  [ 2 ]
I am not a guy or just want to see the results. 24%  24%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 34

n4mwd
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2010, 9:54 am

I saw a bumper sticker that read "BEER - Helping ugly guys get laid since 1897". So is it true? Is there a correlation between beer drinking and success with the ladies?

Marcia
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2010, 10:11 am

I would read that bumper sticker as meaning that the women are the ones that are drinking the beer, and so they are less discriminating than they would be when sober. ;) If a man is ugly to start with, then being ugly and drunk would make him less, rather than more, attractive. In fact, drink tends to make most people unattractive except to those who are even more drunk.

Btw - the bumper sticker is jokey, so I wouldn't put too much on it.

KaiG
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2010, 10:33 am

I very, very rarely drink (I don't care for the taste of most alcoholic beverages). I have had no success with the ladies, but then again I've had no failures either. I've simply never been in the position where the possibility of romance arose. I was in single-sex education until university, and by then I had made a habit of being a shut-in, so I didn't make much headway there either. I don't know anyone around where I live, and I spend most of my time by myself. I've never had much contact with females of my own age.

However, from my very limited experience, I don't think it's lack of drinking that's my problem. I think I just need to meet more people, and make more of an effort to leave the house and pursue some hobbies. That's what I'm going to try to do in the next few years, after I move out on my own.

Poppycocteau
Toucan
Toucan

11 Jul 2010, 12:06 pm

I would never bother drinking (what's the point? It tastes appalling) and as for drunken men, well, I don't actually possess such a thing as a bargepole . . . but if I did I wouldn't touch them with it.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2010, 1:19 pm

This is the silliest idea that I have ever heard....

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

11 Jul 2010, 1:26 pm

I think guys who drink beer mite could get laid more often because alcohol makes em do things they mite not normally do. They may be more apt to approach women & alcohol makes some people wild & for some odd rezone lots of women are into guys like that. Beer makies people more social because they drink in groups so they tend to meet more people. It can also lower their standards in women after a bit of drinking; beer-goggles makes em find really ugly women attractive & sometimes people have gay sex after a lot of drinks

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2010, 1:30 pm

If anything getting tanked up on Larger's makes me even more socially clueless of female advances, it gives me a massive time delay to interpret signals. I usually wake up the next morning thinking of what happened the night before and then 2+2 clicks together and I figure out oh that lass was coming onto me, oh whoops I totally fobbed her off how rude. Usually its at my expense :oops:

On the otherhand I remember before I began my last relationship her family were buying me and her tons of drinks when she introduced me to them. That must be the manchester version of a drug induced shotgun wedding

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2010, 3:23 pm

Marcia wrote:
I would read that bumper sticker as meaning that the women are the ones that are drinking the beer, and so they are less discriminating than they would be when sober. ;).

That is how the bumper sticker is meant to be read.

n4mwd
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2010, 4:27 pm

Yes, it does make more sense if the girl is doing the drinking. But here are a few points:
If you drink...

1. ugly girls you might not normally consider tend to look better;
  2. you may frequent establishments where girls drink;
  3. you may approach girls you normally wouldn't because of shyness.

Just thinking...

PS-I can't stand the taste of beer either.

JayL
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

11 Jul 2010, 9:15 pm

I drink to lower my standards.
I drink to lower myself from the psychedelic world that im living into the physical world where I can make contact with "normal" people.

so yes, it helps.

Pistonhead
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2010, 9:26 pm

n4mwd wrote:
Yes, it does make more sense if the girl is doing the drinking. But here are a few points:
If you drink...
  1. ugly girls you might not normally consider tend to look better;
  2. you may frequent establishments where girls drink;
  3. you may approach girls you normally wouldn't because of shyness.

This is exactly what I think. Not a drinker.

hypocritex
Butterfly
Butterfly

11 Jul 2010, 11:52 pm

Laz wrote:
If anything getting tanked up on Larger's makes me even more socially clueless of female advances, it gives me a massive time delay to interpret signals. I usually wake up the next morning thinking of what happened the night before and then 2+2 clicks together and I figure out oh that lass was coming onto me, oh whoops I totally fobbed her off how rude. Usually its at my expense :oops:

Bingo. Me too.

deadeyexx
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2010, 8:41 am

They probably do. Doesn't have much to do with the beer itself (not like beer comercial fantacies, lol) but much more about being in places where people are drinking and having fun.

Fruity Caribbean drinks work best. Do the old "what are you drinking" line, exchange sips of each other's drink, and you get big points if yours tastes good and she wants to know more.

LordoftheMonkeys
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2010, 8:53 am

I have never and probably never will drink beer. I find the thought of consuming alcohol repulsive. My only recreational drugs are caffeine and marijuana. With that said, girls seemed to like me a lot more when I was doing drugs (I'm not anymore). I don't know if it was just coincidence or the fact that guys who do drugs are somehow seen as more attractive.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2010, 12:54 pm

Marcia wrote:
I would read that bumper sticker as meaning that the women are the ones that are drinking the beer, and so they are less discriminating than they would be when sober. ;)

I second this.

Quartz11
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2010, 12:58 pm

I've been drinking beer since 2005. Still a virgin.

Granted 97% of the time I do it, I don't get drunk. Many times I get a mild buzz at most.