What are your favorite big cities in the U.S.?

Page 4 of 4 [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

JSBACHlover
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2014, 5:41 pm

It's not the city but the money it costs to visit them, the places to eat, and the ease of the routine I can establish there.

So:

1) I like New York because of the museums and because it's so easy to find a nice an cheap place to eat.

2) I also like Philly and Boston for the same reason. Although when I'm in Philadelphia I [I]must[/] hear their orchestra play. They've been having problems recently but they're still the best in the world, after Berlin and Vienna (maybe).....

3) I hated New Orleans with a passion. I could feel the voodoo crap everywhere and I couldn't get out of there fast enough. Also Chicago bores me. I've been to San Francisco, too. Couldn't wait to leave. Boring.

I can't spend too much time travelling because I get wiped out quickly.

JSBACHlover
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2014, 5:41 pm

It's not the city but the money it costs to visit them, the places to eat, and the ease of the routine I can establish there.

So:

1) I like New York because of the museums and because it's so easy to find a nice and cheap place to eat.

2) I also like Philly and Boston for the same reason. Although when I'm in Philadelphia I must hear their orchestra play. They've been having problems recently but they're still the best in the world, after Berlin and Vienna (maybe).....

3) I hated New Orleans with a passion. I could feel the voodoo crap everywhere and I couldn't get out of there fast enough. Also Chicago bores me. I've been to San Francisco, too. Couldn't wait to leave. Boring.

I can't spend too much time travelling because I get wiped out quickly.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2014, 5:52 pm

New York because it is New York

Chicaaaaago because it is has all the culture of New York and it's own unique style I find endearing. And it has Wrigley Field.

San Francisco is just so beautiful

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

JSBACHlover
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2014, 6:05 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Chicaaaaago because it is has all the culture of New York and it's own unique style I find endearing. And it has Wrigley Field.

San Francisco is just so beautiful

:roll:

FishStickNick
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2014, 11:48 pm

I work in San Francisco and I live near Oakland, so those are the two major cities that I'm most familiar with. Oakland is not without its problems, but I enjoy its laid-back, down-to-earth vibe. Aside from that, I've been to New York City, San Jose, Sacramento, Las Vegas, and Los Angeles. Of those places, Las Vegas is probably my least favorite. My goal is to visit every major city on the West Coast (I don't like to fly, so I'm pretty much restricted to ground-based transportation).

Last edited by FishStickNick on 15 Jan 2014, 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2014, 1:05 am

I don't like big cities, too much noise for me. And I don't like how dirty they get. Even though this city is not in the US, I found that I really liked Toronto as far as big cities go. Montreal as well. I found Canadian cities cleaner than what I have seen in the US. And I remember walking in downtown Toronto with my girl friends at two in the morning after a late church event. We went to a nice cafe/bar kind of place and had coffee. I actually had ginger ale since I don't like coffee :). I remember that even at that late hour it was very safe and pretty quiet and very beautiful. That was maybe twenty years ago so I don't know if it's different now but I remember really enjoying my stay in Toronto very much.

Wreck It Ralph

Max000
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2014, 12:23 pm

San Francisco
Seattle
Portland
Las Vegas
Denver
Minneapolis
New Orleans
Boston
Philadelphia

A few international cities I really like.

Toronto
Vancouver
Tokyo

Cities that I have no interest in.
Los Angelas
Chicago
New York
Washington

JSBACHlover
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2014, 12:27 pm