15 Jul 2010, 10:23 pm

I dont know toad. im new.

Apathtic too...yeah.

variant and ricky5 have a good point too LOL

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2010, 10:43 pm

Toad as I see it is a nice enough guy with quite a warped view on himself. I don't know what can help him apart from what people have already told him. It would be good if some of us knew toad irl i think it would be more effective

bewarethebob
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2010, 10:51 pm

i see.

That is unfortunate.

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2010, 11:43 pm

I wouldn't say "warped". I'm merely reflecting on what has already happened in life. I have been rejected by multiple women across the years. The most common rejection for me is "let's be friends". And there are varying levels of truth to that depending on the woman. Some just used it as an easy out, others really did become good friends (like the one girl that actually did accept for a while but then broke up). But the point is, the only common denominator in the equation is me. Since I can make friends and otherwise converse with people just fine, that's not my problem. Ergo, there has to be *something* in my core personality that repels women when on such a close level, and that is my lot in life that I get to live with...

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2010, 12:03 am

Toad, EVERYONE gets it. Popular guys get rejected ALL the time. Like someone said the only reason they appear to always have a date is because they keep approaching and asking people after every rejection, not recoiling into their shell. The snail wont find any food in its shell.

Just an example:
If you approached 200 people in a week who you think are at your level of standards, and so did a "popular" guy, I'm pretty sure both you and him could get a date.

Its not just asking random people its just getting to know as many as possible by doing interesting things.

bewarethebob
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2010, 12:31 am

hale_bopp wrote:
Toad, EVERYONE gets it. Popular guys get rejected ALL the time. Like someone said the only reason they appear to always have a date is because they keep approaching and asking people after every rejection, not recoiling into their shell. The snail wont find any food in its shell.

Just an example:
If you approached 200 people in a week who you think are at your level of standards, and so did a "popular" guy, I'm pretty sure both you and him could get a date.

Its not just asking random people its just getting to know as many as possible by doing interesting things.

she is right man.

it is intrested that somehow...magically, you found this thread.

RICKY5
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2010, 7:02 pm

ToadOfSteel wrote:
I wouldn't say "warped". I'm merely reflecting on what has already happened in life. I have been rejected by multiple women across the years. The most common rejection for me is "let's be friends". And there are varying levels of truth to that depending on the woman. Some just used it as an easy out, others really did become good friends (like the one girl that actually did accept for a while but then broke up). But the point is, the only common denominator in the equation is me. Since I can make friends and otherwise converse with people just fine, that's not my problem. Ergo, there has to be *something* in my core personality that repels women when on such a close level, and that is my lot in life that I get to live with...

I love it how you bend over backwards to back up your position about how much you suck. Does it ever get tiring to put yourself down all the time?

With that sort of crapsack attitude, do you really expect someone to be attracted to , let alone love, you? :evil:

bewarethebob
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2010, 9:40 pm

ToadOfSteel wrote:

i think you just need a beer and talk about something you both like

let just go for immediatly thinking of them as friends, then when you get to talking more, ask em out. perhaps that will help.

women like confidence, I can only hope you dont say this out loud in RL.