If your going to college whats your major?

Page 2 of 4 [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Synecdoche
Toucan
Toucan

12 Sep 2010, 9:17 am

English lit. with no job on the horizon. But I'm on a highway with no end and home is where I'm at so I don't need to worry too much about no fancy sm-education.

Or since I've been watching a lot of Mad Men lately, I could become a copy writer.

But then, why not go into business or marketing?

Dang, push shoving me into corner. Freedom at the gates, should they remain open.

lunairetic
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 Sep 2010, 7:16 pm

Physics

rowingineden
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

12 Sep 2010, 7:22 pm

Individually-designed, will mainly be anthropological/digital community studies, then psychology, then philosophy, and then some other crap like creative writing and women's studies.

ayra
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

Location: My invented world, ie Kalia (kuh-lee-uh) or just stuck in Texas rollercoaster weather

14 Sep 2010, 12:43 pm

Right now, General Education. But to be honest, if the community college I go to had something to do with young children that wasn't education I would do it. I love working with kids, I just don't know if I want to teach, though people have said I should.

My cat is the only one lately to try and distract me from this world.

rjgarn
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 Sep 2010, 6:04 pm

Sociology. I was planning on also double majoring in Psychology, but after a discussion with my advisor I think I'm going to just minor in that, and take a second minor in Applied Indigenous Studies. I really do not want to have to take two applied research topics classes that basically cover the same thing.

I struggled for years to find something that I cared enough about to major in, lets see, biology, ecology, environmental science, physics, engineering physics, math education, theatrical arts, political science, and I think classics. At one point or another each one of these was my major while I was at a small junior college.

I discovered Sociology, and later Psych, after having a mid college life crisis and that led me to drop all of my previous ambitions and take a wide assortment of different classes. Sociology fascinated me because it gave me logical foundation for how I had always perceived the world, and the literature that I read about it during the class inspired me to take it up. I'm now at a large university and I've been able to connect strongly to the Social Sciences department. One of my professors told me today that he thinks that it is 'wonderful' that I have aspergers and that it would help me succeed enormously in the field, and in my advanced studies further down the road.

LostInBed
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2010, 10:12 pm

accounting

techn0teen
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2010, 3:45 pm

I major in computer engineering. I am thinking of getting a minor in mathematics, electrical engineering, or logic. It is hard to have a minor at my college.

If I am going to graduate school, I would go into bioinformatics (biology and computer engineering together).

corroonb
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2010, 4:02 pm

I have a BA in Classics (Ancient Greek and Latin) and I'm doing an MPhil (Master of Philosophy) in Classics. I intend to teach Classics at second level in the UK.

Greensmith

17 Sep 2010, 8:39 pm

Equity studies, with a focus on disability studies. I figure, hell, if I can make a living off my sideshow-quality mind, I might as well.

Apolla
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Sep 2010, 5:10 pm

Russian Studies - possibly a History minor so I can work as an historian doing research (because, what with the Cold War over and the collapse of the Soviet Union, they'll need people like me to sift through all the rewritten history)

daydreamer84
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2010, 9:29 pm

bio-psychology

mangamaniac_animeaddict
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Sep 2010, 12:17 am

A dual Bachelor's in Elementary Education and Special Education. I find it interesting that many of us are going into teaching. I have had many people ask me how I will manage to teach with my Asperger's since I don't always catch on to the non-verbal cues and stuff, but I think I will be fine. What are your guys' thoughts on that as Aspies?

Dappadee

21 Sep 2010, 7:17 pm

Biomedical science, with majors in genetics and molecular pathology.

leeloodallas
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Sep 2010, 11:55 am

Hospitality Management with a specialization in Golf and Club Management,
Minor in Sports Business Management...hopefully

Lene
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2010, 12:03 pm

Library Studies

A350XWB
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Sep 2010, 8:56 pm

It's funny because I could describe it as a dual-major but it is not exactly a dual-major, because so much of it is mixed: physics/mathematics.