Ever been something you knew that you would never do?

Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Seanmw
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2010, 2:06 am

But that sounded awfully tempting?

like i'd never ever commit suicide, but at times the concept of drifting into a void where nothing can hurt anymore me sounds awfully tempting.

Ferdinand
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2010, 3:30 am

I don't understand.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

24 Jul 2010, 4:31 am

Do you mean :arrow: Do I fantasize about doing something that I know I will never do :?:

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2010, 4:54 am

Yes. I often have daydreams about doing things that are illegal or morally wrong, but I never act on them. I'm very much a "good girl" and an upstanding citizen... except in the deepest, darkest pits of my imagination. :wink:

luvmyaspie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2010, 4:58 am

IdahoRose wrote:
Yes. I often have daydreams about doing things that are illegal or morally wrong, but I never act on them. I'm very much a "good girl" and an upstanding citizen... except in the deepest, darkest pits of my imagination. :wink:

+1 I couldn't have put it better myself.

dossa
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2010, 10:01 am

Yes. If I am in a stairwell, I stand at the edge and look over and want to jump and I can stand there, feel myself falling, where I hit, how I land. I do that with traffic as well. I like to think about driving head on into traffic... semi trucks especially. I get the heebie jeebies when I 'feel' the truck barreling through me. I frequently imagine doing destructive things, but I would never act on those feelings.

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2010, 10:14 am

Sometimes I might fantasize cussing someone out, or telling them off, if I really dislike that person. I might even fantasize physically assaulting that person. I could never work up the nerve to do that in real life, though, because I'm too nice. :roll:

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2010, 10:50 am

I fantasize about having Pot parties, at my apartment.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

24 Jul 2010, 3:12 pm

When I was in high-school I used to fantasize about going Columbine & I also talked about some sick sexual stuff(like rape) :twisted: Fantasizing/daydreaming is a form of escape & coping thing for me. After high-school I thought about electrocuting my brain a lot but after I got a severe psychotic depression; I quit thinking about that stuff. I had NO intent of ever doing any of that but thinking & talking/joking was a way to relive stress. Kind of like on the Bernie Mac Show when he says says'~ "I'm gonna kill them kids". We know he never was actually going to America. That was something he said cuz he was angry/frustrated

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Ferdinand
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2010, 3:05 am

Oh, I get it now! Have I ever been something I know I could never do but sounded awfully tempting? Do I ever been something do tempting that I know I could do? Yes! As odd as it sounds, do been something which is tempting is something I could I always been someone do awfully tempting to do.

book_noodles
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2010, 3:07 am

Ferdinand wrote:
Oh, I get it now! Have I ever been something I know I could never do but sounded awfully tempting? Do I ever been something do tempting that I know I could do? Yes! As odd as it sounds, do been something which is tempting is something I could I always been someone do awfully tempting to do.

I am wanting to be not doing something I am, Ferdinand. (I'm awfully not tempted to being someone though.)

Seanmw
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2010, 3:08 am

Ferdinand wrote:
8O :?:

:lol:
i have no idea what you just said.

Ferdinand
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2010, 3:09 am

book_noodles wrote:
Ferdinand wrote:

I am wanting to be not doing something I am, Ferdinand. (I'm awfully not tempted to being someone though.)

So you agree to be someone to do bad you must first be someone not be tempted to be you never wanted?

book_noodles
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2010, 3:11 am

Ferdinand wrote:
book_noodles wrote:
Ferdinand wrote:

So you agree to be someone to do bad you must first be someone not be tempted to be you never wanted?

Actually, not being tempted is someone I'm not doing. (Which is pretty not bad.)

Seanmw
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2010, 3:12 am

Ferdinand wrote:
book_noodles wrote:
Ferdinand wrote:

confused.

the other replies seemed to have the gist of what i was saying though, maybe try reading their examples?

unless you're making complex silly sounding replies on purpose :lol:

Ferdinand
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2010, 3:13 am

book_noodles wrote:
Actually, not being tempted is someone I'm not doing. (Which is pretty not bad.)

How silly! To be not tempted to be someone is not instinctual to be not tempted being someone. Are you trolling, because everyone to be someone tempted by something to be it.