Page 2 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2010, 12:19 pm

Spyral wrote:
I recently lost a good friend (well, I thought he was a good friend, anyway) because of this exact same issue. :oops: It's strange, though, because I don't necessarily want to call people everyday or anything. Just when I call/text/message, whatever, I tend to expect an immediate response. Even though I don't always respond immediately. It's something I'm really working on...which I tried to explain to aforementioned ex-friend but he didn't seem to either understand or want to give me a second chance...

i know what you mean i think. i expect an immediate response too, even though i also don't always respond right away. i know it isn't fair, and i have always tried to work on it.

i was absolutely at my worst from ages 13 to 17, because i was so severely bullied in school that i needed to know that whatever friend at the time really cared about me. i guess i felt safe and appreciated and loved with my friend and was scared to lose her because then i would have *nothing* in that stinking mire of horror.

grendelis
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 Aug 2010, 12:11 pm

I have an ex-bf, we've known each other since 1985 at college. We are both geeks, so we are close electronically if you get my drift. But if either visits the other, I can only stand him for 3 days before I feel I need my space. He always seems to want me to entertain him or something. He expects ME to always come up with suggestions of what to do or where to go.

So a long time ago we worked out 3 days was enough of physical togetherness. We are still good friends, but just can't be together for long periods as I feel stifled. Electronic connection is waaay easier.
Not sure he really understand though, cos he probably doesn't understand about Aspergers. Unless his social ineptitude means he's Aspie too!

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2010, 4:33 pm

Naaa...it's her. Personally speaking, I was a happy, fun, teen but had no males to have fun with...no cash either. If I had known about AS then and especially about my own AS, I would have been even happier and would have known how to scope out an AS guy so I could rock his world. 8)

whatamess
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2010, 3:06 am

I am now married, and the only reason is because this guy actually backed off...he tried to get me to go out with him for almost 4yrs and I would not...once he backed off, I was able to not feel intimidated and he just laid back and waited...he never made any moves on me and just waited and waited...it's been 11yrs now...

On the other hand, there was a guy in highschool/college that I thought the world of and probably would've married him had he not been so pushy...I actually think he was AS or something because our connection was just very different to anyone else...he said so as well...he pursued me and I really liked him, but he once told me that he'd stay in my town if we would date or take a job offer outside of town if we did not...I told him to move...I hoped that by him not being so close I could have some space...mind you, I loved spending time with him...but I just needed space...sadly, he moved and found someone else...for about 8yrs we tried back and forth to meet but one of us was always in a relationship when the other wasn't...and so, there he went...