Ever waited outside for a video game system/game?

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2010, 8:28 pm

If so tell your stories how long did you wait (how many hours) was it fun did you meet fellow gamers what system/game,weather etc.

I waited for the Wii from 1PM-1AM (tickets were given at 10PM and we walked around about 11PM) by the time we got the system at 12 AM (about an hour) so 12 hour wait! :-)

For GBA I walked in at 2AM and bought one.

For Gamecube I went in a midnight and got one.

Since I live in FL it was about 80's in Nov. so no OMG cold till about February for us. :-)

(What are your stories?)

PlatedDrake
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2010, 8:34 pm

I waited in line for the Nintendo Wii . . . Wal-Mart idiots forced everyone to wait outside in 25* weather. Was probably the most random, near idiotic thing I've done. But, cannot complain about the Wii thus far :lol: .

Pistonhead
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2010, 8:35 pm

Nope. I didn't even wake up early for black friday when I had the money to spend.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2010, 1:29 am

I waited for the midnight release of Halo 3, it was pretty cool to see the other fans and the merchandise. I had considered at the time getting the strategy guide at the time though chickened out because of possible spoilers, but it turned out to be cheeper that time and there wasn't really any spoilers and may have been usefull at first. I also managed to finish the story line by 7 AM which was before it was even released in America :P .

GreySun369
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2010, 10:28 am

I'm a bit of a cheapscape, I always wait until the price goes down before I buy a new game or console, or just get it used. I have baught a couple of games when they first came out, but only when I really wanted them. Games are expensive these days. :(

Ferdinand
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2010, 10:35 am

When Cataclysm comes out, I am will wait like 5 hours to get it.

Ambivalence
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2010, 11:44 am

Quote:
Ever waited outside for a video game?

Don't be ridiculous. :lol:

The year is still young.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2010, 1:06 pm

No, but I preordered a game once.

Wasn't a big deal, I walked in, picked it up, paid, and left.

kra17
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2010, 1:54 pm

No. Waste of time

Solei
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

05 Aug 2010, 3:12 pm

I've never understood that. Even if I get excited for a video game or something (which is a rare occasion for me), I've never had any desire to wait in long lines, period. I hate standing in lines, even short ones. (Even if I do end up biting the bullet and waiting anyway.)

I've never tried it before, but I've decided that if I ever have any need to get something on the day it comes out, I'll pre-order and then just walk to the post office on the day of the release. But I usually don't get stuff the day it comes out anyway.

LAEMapsie
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Aug 2010, 3:20 pm

never done that, dont see the point.

The most I have done is PRE-ORDER a game (Professor Layton 2)

kriskarnage
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Aug 2010, 4:39 pm

I've done it twice.

One time to snag a PS2 on opening day at a toys r us near where I used to live; and for a Wii a couple of years ago back when people were still crazy for them.

kriskarnage
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Aug 2010, 4:40 pm

I've done it twice.

One time to snag a PS2 on opening day at a toys r us near where I used to live; and for a Wii a couple of years ago back when people were still crazy for them.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2010, 5:20 pm

No but I gawked at some people who did for the PS3.

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

Jetfox
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2010, 5:33 pm

i've bought nearly all my systems about a year or more after the release date, like the ps3 i waited 4 years cause i didn't like many of the launch games.

the only games i've gotten brand new on launch day were dragon age awakening and kh2 and my dad is actually the one who got me kh2 at 6 am in the morning so really the only game i got on launch day was dao:a.

alot of games i got used and for alot of them i got them cause i either wanted to purchase something, i was bored, or i wanted something to blow time on.

examples would be, i bought rogue galaxy [still have yet to play it] cause i wanted to buy something, i bought ff13 cause i was bored [turned out to be a decent game] and xenosaga 1 and 2 cause it said on the back 80 hours of gameplay meaning i was very bored on that trip, it turned out to be my top fav story based rpg series.

most of my games were gotten on the bases of those three conditions. some games like action games i will research it, but most rpgs are "i'll buy it regardless of the rating" this is because i fail at action games getting sonic unleashed with no research is what converted me, the whole game is timing, timing, timing. i hate those games, which is why regardless of my love for kingdom hearts i'm not getting birth by sleep, i've seen what is in store in that game and it is something i cannot play, all those timed reaction buttons are bull. the only thing that would make me get it is it is xehanort's past after all.

scubasteve
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2010, 5:56 pm

PlatedDrake wrote:
I waited in line for the Nintendo Wii . . . Wal-Mart idiots forced everyone to wait outside in 25* weather. Was probably the most random, near idiotic thing I've done. But, cannot complain about the Wii thus far :lol: .

You're lucky it was so nice and warm! I was out in sub-zero temperatures in upstate NY from 4am to 9. Thankfully I didn't get sick, but I did get fed up with the Wii game selection pretty quickly and bought an XBox 360 on Ebay.