Will women think you are creepy if you hit on them?

Page 3 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Ambrose_Rotten
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Aug 2010, 7:33 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
JohnisBlind wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
JohnisBlind wrote:
Yasmine wrote:
JohnisBlind wrote:

Its a numbers game. I've heard that. How do you maximize the number of women you can hit on?

Wow, really. When I read that I read "How can I ruin the day of the most women I can on the off chance that one perhaps could consider me ok?"

Putting people's( in this case women's) sense of security, comfort (and often selfrespect) on the line because you feel entitled to their time is not ok!

Well, okay, How do you flirt with as many women as possible? This may be a language/cultural thing.

Um.. the same way as you would with one.. but do it more

I need help not sarcasm.

I wasn't being sarcastic.

I suspect he's not asking the right questions.

JohnisBlind
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2010, 7:36 pm

Ambrose_Rotten wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
JohnisBlind wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
JohnisBlind wrote:
Yasmine wrote:
JohnisBlind wrote:

Its a numbers game. I've heard that. How do you maximize the number of women you can hit on?

Wow, really. When I read that I read "How can I ruin the day of the most women I can on the off chance that one perhaps could consider me ok?"

Putting people's( in this case women's) sense of security, comfort (and often selfrespect) on the line because you feel entitled to their time is not ok!

Well, okay, How do you flirt with as many women as possible? This may be a language/cultural thing.

Um.. the same way as you would with one.. but do it more

I need help not sarcasm.

I wasn't being sarcastic.

I suspect he's not asking the right questions.

Where do you go? What do you say there? When do you say it?

deadeyexx
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2010, 8:08 pm

JohnisBlind wrote:

You've gotten lots of advice in this thread and the many you posted like it. Now, are you going to use that advice, or just poke holes in people's logic by asking rhetorical questions?

JohnisBlind
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2010, 8:11 pm

deadeyexx wrote:
JohnisBlind wrote:

You've gotten lots of advice in this thread and the many you posted like it. Now, are you going to use that advice, or just poke holes in people's logic by asking rhetorical questions?

You misunderstood me. Those questions were actually question.

Bethie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: My World, Highview, Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Earth, The Milky Way, Local Group, Local Supercluster

06 Aug 2010, 4:12 am

JohnisBlind wrote:
Yes, I can argue against that notion. The way a woman dresses, her makeup, her hair style and the way she hold herself all tell you something about her personality. Your Avatar make me think of you as an artistically oriented person. It also consists of a collage which are often used to make some kind of statement...which in turn makes me think that you are a very politically oriented person who feels she best expresses her ideals through art. I could be wrong though.

I meant ameteur attempts at pseudo-psychology aside.

pandorazmtbox
Toucan
Toucan

06 Aug 2010, 9:36 am

Back to the original question, I think it depends on who you're flirting with--most likely you're trying to pick up on NT gals and I have no idea what to tell you then. I know for me, it feels creepy when a guy comes on really strong. Of course, the catch-22 is, I generally can't pick up on a "normal" level of flirting until days later or unless someone else points it out. If we don't know each other and *I* notice you're staring at me, you've been staring a very, very, VERY long time.

What feels creepy is that these 'come on strong' guys tend to be after a physical thing, because who I am or what I'm like or what I'm interested in are all unknowns and therefore irrelevant. So, to have someone come on strong just on appearance...yes, that's creepy...I could be a blow up doll and it would make no difference. My advice is, if you want to have a relationship--find a gal that has some common interests and relate to each other. If you want to 'hit on' someone for the thrill of the hunt, the conquest or so she can be an outlet for your sexual tension--guess what, that's creepy, because she isn't a person with her own needs/wants but a thing.

pandorazmtbox
Toucan
Toucan

06 Aug 2010, 9:37 am

Back to the original question, I think it depends on who you're flirting with--most likely you're trying to pick up on NT gals and I have no idea what to tell you then. I know for me, it feels creepy when a guy comes on really strong. Of course, the catch-22 is, I generally can't pick up on a "normal" level of flirting until days later or unless someone else points it out. If we don't know each other and *I* notice you're staring at me, you've been staring a very, very, VERY long time.

What feels creepy is that these 'come on strong' guys tend to be after a physical thing, because who I am or what I'm like or what I'm interested in are all unknowns and therefore irrelevant. So, to have someone come on strong just on appearance...yes, that's creepy...I could be a blow up doll and it would make no difference. My advice is, if you want to have a relationship--find a gal that has some common interests and relate to each other. If you want to 'hit on' someone for the thrill of the hunt, the conquest or so she can be an outlet for your sexual tension--guess what, that's creepy, because she isn't a person with her own needs/wants but a thing.

Bethie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: My World, Highview, Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Earth, The Milky Way, Local Group, Local Supercluster

06 Aug 2010, 7:16 pm

pandorazmtbox wrote:

If you want to 'hit on' someone for the thrill of the hunt, the conquest or so she can be an outlet for your sexual tension--guess what, that's creepy, because she isn't a person with her own needs/wants but a thing.

THIS. :D

lennyk
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Aug 2010, 8:06 pm

all good advice here,
but unfortunately if you truly are an aspie its gonna be near impossible to reprogram yourself to "act" the part like all the advice here.
worst yet if you are talking to a stranger, gonna be 10 times harder since we are already social ret*ds
at least for me, I've pretty much given up trying
better for me to not know them and at least not have one more person hating me as a creep

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2010, 8:22 pm

I know I'd be creeped out because men only approach me with ulterior motives. :/