Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

one1ai
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 May 2006, 12:16 am

Have you ever felt the need to type the things you have on your mind instead of 'speaking it'? I mean 'speaking it' unconsciously, because I've heard that people with "Autism Spectrum Differences" speak out loudly while thinking like I did, but because I didn't want to do it...instead I opened a notepad and started typing. I don't know but it felt like a great idea at the time I was doing it.

Maybe you have allready thought of this, and I thought about it 'last' :)

Sundy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 May 2006, 10:12 am

I am the notepad queen. I have to have one in a certian spot in my house. Everything gets written down. I have to in order to think one thought at a time. I think out loud all the time too.

Scoots5012
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2006, 11:50 am

I can't think words in my head unless I mouth them, so yea, I think out loud to myself.

I use to get bullied in school for it too.

one1ai
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 May 2006, 3:24 pm

If you think out loud, do you think it could be replaced, or partly replaced by typing on a computer program, or using a pda?(which can be used anywhere since it is portable)

Fiz
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2006, 4:42 pm

I have a habit of thinking aloud, and sometimes I type/write instead or even talk while I'm typing or writing. Either way, if I have a thought that won't go away I hate it to be stuck in my head and tend to verbalise it, usually unconciously.

Hel
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 May 2006, 2:47 pm

I think out loud all the time around the house, luckily the person I live with does too, so she doesn't think I'm too strange :lol:
I also tend to write lists all the time so I don't forget anything, it helps stop me driving myself mad if I'm thinking too much.

parts
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2006, 3:02 pm

I think out loud a lot especially at work thanklfully I work alone most of the time it helps me stay on track.