Senior Year 53%  53%  [ 17 ]
All of the above 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
None of the above 19%  19%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 32

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2010, 7:44 am

Assuming you went to a four-year school, which year was your best? Maybe all of high school was wonderful, or the entire experience completely sucked. Either way, please vote in my poll! :)

My best year of high school was my sophomore year. I participated in a lot of clubs and went on some really fun field trips with some of those clubs. Plus, it was my peak of academic achievement.

Peko
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2010, 8:27 am

My high school experience sucked... but sophomore year was still the best out of the four.

Stellar
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2010, 9:12 am

The year I dropped out and went to college instead.

n4mwd
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2010, 9:16 am

Freshman year was the worst. I was constantly picked on. Senior year, pretty much everyone left me alone.

Todesking
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2010, 9:24 am

I would have to say my junior year. I was small for my age from 7th to 10th grade I think that and the fact I was in special education made me a target for bullies. The summer of 1985 I hit a growth spurt I put on muscle and weight along with height. People were amazed to how big and goonish I had become. :twisted: Believe it or not some of the less intelligent bullies still thought they could mess with me even though I was in some cases twice their size. That in itself proved to me that they felt that I was such a piece of garbage that they could handle me without any fear of retalation. I proved them wrong by beating the hell out of one of them infront of the class I was in. My gym teacher told me pick one of the bullies I knew I could beat up with ease and beat him up infront of a lot of people. He was right, it worked the other students cheered me on and laughed at the bully when I beat the hell out of him. I guess the crowd liked watching a bully get his come uppins. :wink: It was also the year I got out of special education. When people saw me in the same classes as they were they began treating me better. :D

KaiG
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2010, 11:09 am

None of the above. I enjoyed Prep School and University, but Secondary School was not my favourite time.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2010, 11:54 am

Which one of those is the last one? Well, it's year 11 over here in the UK, so that one.

Pistonhead
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2010, 11:56 am

Senior year. First of all I didn't even have to come to school the last semester because I had all my credits. Second of all I was at my weightlifting prime so I got more respect in the weightroom than I had even in the past 2 years. I also didn't have a math class.

Peko
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2010, 12:26 pm

Pistonhead wrote:
Senior year. First of all I didn't even have to come to school the last semester because I had all my credits. Second of all I was at my weightlifting prime so I got more respect in the weightroom than I had even in the past 2 years. I also didn't have a math class.

I wish I would have had the option to take my credits in advance so I could of skipped my last semester of high school... they had a credit limit for each year :x

SmallFruitSong
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Aug 2010, 12:59 pm

Whatever the last year is on that list.

The final year was the best year for me, it meant I could get the hell out.

Kiss me to the core."

Think you're ASD? Get thee to a professional!

Jpeg
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Aug 2010, 12:24 am

The second semester of senior year as I met some interesting people, became closer to some existing friends, and could just sleep through my boring classes without worry.

astaut
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2010, 1:36 am

Sophomore or Junior. I had different friends both of those years (I changed schools) and they were both good, in different ways. Senior year was my worst. I missed most of it because I was very sick.

JP88
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

09 Aug 2010, 1:41 am

I'd say senior year...left school early everyday because I didn't have to take many classes and had an awesome study hall with a bunch of my friends and a teacher that didn't care what we did...we would bring in PS3 and do a whole bunch of sh*t.

Also everything was very laid back in the spring and the last day of school is one I'll remember for a long time...still wish I went to the senior ball...the only thing that sucked for me in high school was that I wasn't very liked...I got picked on a lot, senior year though no one was that mean to me, I just wish people wanted to associate with me and I was liked, I was always friendly to everyone...I never got why I couldn't be liked with a friends that were girls.

FreeSpirit2000
Toucan
Toucan

09 Aug 2010, 4:36 am

Freshman to Junior was near hell for me (Freshman + Sophmore = dealth with bullies, Junior = suffered severe depression on the side of other things). Senior was okay or so/so. That is why I lost interest in trying in school, due to the fact in high school, I had a hard experience and I lost track on how to study. I also struggled during a few semesters at community college (due to the fact that I lost track in high school) and I finally got back up barely getting a 3.0 (after screwing up my high school years and got tossed into community college without a strong education in high school), but I need to get a much, much higher GPA for my 4 year university transferrable credits (I need to get at least a 3.7 or even a 4.0 GPA, who knows). The difference between high school was is 1/2, I was a target of bullies for inappropriate behavior. The other 1/2, I suffered severe depression. But now I have much better social skills, I can get along with my peers and I have now more self-confidence as a person compare to high school. High school was literally hell on earth for me, what can I say.

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2010, 5:15 am

SmallFruitSong wrote:

I'm sorry. I assumed everybody would know. Let me break it down for you:

Freshman Year = 1st year
Sophomore Year = 2nd year
Junior Year = 3rd year
Senior Year = 4th year

SmallFruitSong
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Aug 2010, 10:48 am

Descartes wrote:
SmallFruitSong wrote:

I'm sorry. I assumed everybody would know. Let me break it down for you:

Freshman Year = 1st year
Sophomore Year = 2nd year
Junior Year = 3rd year
Senior Year = 4th year

Ah, thanks. We don't have those sorts of names in Australia - we just number the years from 1-12 [12 being the last].

Kiss me to the core."

Think you're ASD? Get thee to a professional!