Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Jookia
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Aug 2010, 2:38 pm

The only way to truly make robots have emotions and intelligence at our level is for them to evolve them. Our brains aren't complicated, it's all just binary and I think if you run a program for long enough that continues breeding and mutating artificial creatures, after a long time, we'll have that AI that we want. Who knows that we're not just inside a computer program but due to our intelligence don't realise it? It would explain everything. The logic, science, how things work, but most important of all, the way the universe was created. By loading a program. Presuming on this, however is a dangerous decision as no computer has an infinite capacity. So if this were true, the Universe would end somewhere and as our Sun is orbiting something that we can't even detect yet which begs the question, what happens when we invent a Telescope that can see so far that we see before the beginning of the Universe? This means our purpose, which is also embedded in to our DNA, is to breed, as to continue the mutations and the simulation.

I have just discovered how the universe was created and why we're here.

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2010, 3:07 pm

Intelligence is not a necessary result of evolution.

Also, if we're a computer program, why haven't we run into a kernel panic yet? 14 billion years of uptime is pretty impressive.

greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2010, 4:53 pm

We're not run under Windows or Linux :P

Last edited by greenblue on 10 Aug 2010, 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tomasu
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2010, 4:54 pm

^^Greetings Jookia. I personally believe that if there is no conscious creator ( for instance, a Deity), then life, in general, has no purpose. I believe this as I feel that an object's purpose is subjective to that who is "using" the object. Thus, if there is no user, then there is no purpose.

Also, I believe this is very interesting Jookia as I feel that the physical Universe is indeed similar to a computer program. Take away all perception and all that remains is a set of properties, variables, and interactions.

Jookia
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Aug 2010, 5:27 pm

Orwell wrote:
Intelligence is not a necessary result of evolution.

Also, if we're a computer program, why haven't we run into a kernel panic yet? 14 billion years of uptime is pretty impressive

Who is to say that there hasn't been many simulations before this one, except they crashed due to bugs which were then fixed and aren't present in this revision.

Also, 14 billion years our time. You can run The Sims faster that normal speed, can't you?

Tomasu wrote:
^^Greetings Jookia. I personally believe that if there is no conscious creator ( for instance, a Deity), then life, in general, has no purpose. I believe this as I feel that an object's purpose is subjective to that who is "using" the object. Thus, if there is no user, then there is no purpose.

Hi. I hate religion.

Tomasu wrote:
Also, I believe this is very interesting Jookia as I feel that the physical Universe is indeed similar to a computer program. Take away all perception and all that remains is a set of properties, variables, and interactions.

That's the point. It's replicable and certainly simulatable.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2010, 6:44 pm

Jookia wrote:
Our brains aren't complicated, it's all just binary

Wrong. Our brains are a neural web. It's not simply 1's and 0's but rather connections that can be formed and lost at an analog level.

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2010, 7:16 pm

Jookia wrote:
The only way to truly make robots have emotions and intelligence at our level is for them to evolve them. Our brains aren't complicated, it's all just binary and I think if you run a program for long enough that continues breeding and mutating artificial creatures, after a long time, we'll have that AI that we want. Who knows that we're not just inside a computer program but due to our intelligence don't realise it? It would explain everything. The logic, science, how things work, but most important of all, the way the universe was created. By loading a program. Presuming on this, however is a dangerous decision as no computer has an infinite capacity. So if this were true, the Universe would end somewhere and as our Sun is orbiting something that we can't even detect yet which begs the question, what happens when we invent a Telescope that can see so far that we see before the beginning of the Universe? This means our purpose, which is also embedded in to our DNA, is to breed, as to continue the mutations and the simulation.

I have just discovered how the universe was created and why we're here.

No, you have not. If you think you have you are deluding yourself.

The binary or computational model does not adequately describe our brains or how they function. The neurons are not binary on-off units at all.

ruveyn

ruveyn

Jookia
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Aug 2010, 7:18 pm

I'm talking about Evolution, not literally the brain.