Usually pretty good at picking up girls!

Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

KaiG
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2010, 6:29 pm

Erisad wrote:
If you're as suave as you say here, you shouldn't have much of a problem. Granted, I'm not a fan of pick-up lines. Like the one my ex used, "If I flip a coin, what are the chances of me getting head?" Lol. It's funny but it can be offensive to some girls. >.>

I think that with that kind of line, it's all about the delivery. If there's even the remotest chance that he's being serious, then it's bad. So long as it's ironic or jokey, it's fun.

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2010, 6:35 pm

KaiG wrote:
Erisad wrote:
If you're as suave as you say here, you shouldn't have much of a problem. Granted, I'm not a fan of pick-up lines. Like the one my ex used, "If I flip a coin, what are the chances of me getting head?" Lol. It's funny but it can be offensive to some girls. >.>

I think that with that kind of line, it's all about the delivery. If there's even the remotest chance that he's being serious, then it's bad. So long as it's ironic or jokey, it's fun.

True. The first time, we were surfing the internet together and we saw the line used on a webcomic. We lol'd. He jokingly asked if that would work on girls. I shrugged and said that it depends on the girl. Then he used on me later. I lol'd and then he said, "No seriously, am I getting head?" He didn't get it. At least, not that night anyway. Then it became a running gag of whenever he had a coin on him, he'd flip a coin and if it landed heads up, he'd start laying the schmooze on me. I thought it was funny. Thank god he didn't overuse it. XD

deadeyexx
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2010, 6:45 pm

MuayThaiKid wrote:
deadeyexx wrote:
You're thinking about it too hard. What made you so successful working in retail, and why should college be any different?

in retail I had an excuse to talk to them, and I had an agenda, sell them as much stuff as possible.
thing is, If I had like pickup artist training I know I'd be set.
thing about retail, is we were taught what types of things to say, you had to only talk to them for like 2 min at a time, which gives you time to think and recap then work from that, and there was something common to talk about. clothes.

I can't think of anything to talk about with some of these random pretty girls, so I'm not gonna make a fool of myself without a plan.
Been rejected before so I'm not really scared of that. It's more of making a good impression since girls talk a lot.

Sounds like you just need to brush up on your conversational skills. Work on striking up conversations with random strangers (not just pretty girls). Your problem is definately not lack of game considering your previous success.

Space
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2010, 9:58 pm

MuayThaiKid wrote:
but that was when I worked in retail everyday and learned how to fake really well. any ways im in college, already meeting some pretty girls, just dunno when the right timing would be to give out my number ect... plus i dont have a phone for another week.
anyways, If any of you aren't super pathetic (no offense ) i'd like to hear some good pickup lines, things to talk about, and some little tricks to make the girl feel slightly insecure so they feel like they need to impress you ( works a lot haha) . so players unite, and help me get my game back.

I have had 6 gf's and 4 flings.( ment to say 4 earlier so a total of 10 honest mistake)
just feel like a jogger who hasnt ran a marathon in 8 mnths

will appreciate all feedback

read david deangelo I guess.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2010, 10:10 pm

Space wrote:
read david deangelo I guess.

Agreed, get a sense of the 'timing' or methodology from the pros (what it all means) but then I'd say make up your own verbiage to fit the situation - better to custom fit IMO.

foreveryoung
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Aug 2010, 11:09 pm

Don't fall into the player routine. A woman will sense that you're faking it anyway. NT or Aspie, you have to be really adept at manipulation to make it work. It's not something you decide "one day I'm going to be a player" and frankly, the women on this forum would agree that it's not something to aspire to anyway. It might work for the right guy, but if you want to basically rape women (which to me is what lying and misleading girls is, because if they knew your true intentions, they wouldn't be having sex with you) you aren't on the right forum.