Hitler and Aspergers Syndrome (Poll and Discussion).

Page 1 of 5 [ 80 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Do you, personally, believe that Adolf Hitler, sufferered from Asperger's Syndrome.
Yes - But mildly. 20%  20%  [ 14 ]
Yes - Quite severely, too. 14%  14%  [ 10 ]
No. 51%  51%  [ 35 ]
I am not sure. 12%  12%  [ 8 ]
No - But I do believe that he ha AD/HD. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No - But I do believe that he had OCD. 3%  3%  [ 2 ]
No - But I do believe that he had Dyslexia. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 69

Helixstein
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2010, 3:28 am

I have been researching into this subject, which I know is highly controversial. If I am going to be blunt, you AS sufferers do not want to claim Adolf as your own as it will make NT people think that AS is an antagonist disorder. I told a boy in my class about this, and he called me Jew hater, and now, my class says I hate Jews! What rubbish!! ! :oops:

Before I post my essay on this subject, I would like you all to discuss it. I, personally, believe he has mild AS.

DISCUSS AWAY!! !

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2010, 3:48 am

whatever it was that was twistin' and turnin' in his noggin, the fact remains that he needs to remain dead and gone and never to return.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2010, 4:54 am

I've heard this theory before. More likely, he suffered from Narcissistic Personality Disorder, as not surprisingly, a good many political leaders today seem to.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

Apple_in_my_Eye
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2010, 5:21 am

Well I think the issue is, if he did have AS, is that the most important thing about him, or the least? The public will make it the most important, since it will get him off of their team. Not wanting that, though, is isn't some kind of bias.

Are white people going to claim Hitler? How about Tim McVeigh? Do Christians want to claim him? Are all men going to claim Osama Bin Laden as "one of their own?" Should women 'claim' Marie Antoinette?

There's much more important things about those people than those categories. But people will try to make it all about that kind of thing to keep the heat off of their team. But it's all a stupid game.

Quote:
you AS sufferers

Your profile says you're diagnosed, so what do you mean by "you AS sufferers"?

Macbeth
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2010, 5:32 am

Nope. He didn't. Himmler though, he's a much better fit for a lot of the signs and symptoms.

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2010, 6:50 am

Himmler? Add Rudolf Hess to the list as the well if you're including him

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2010, 7:05 am

Laz wrote:
Himmler? Add Rudolf Hess to the list as the well if you're including him

Actually, I think Hess' problem was possibly schizophrenia. He said Jews were mentally torturing him. Also, as a believer in telepathy, Hess was seen balancing a chair on two legs, then letting go, expecting his mental powers to keep the chair standing. Needless to say, the chair fell every time. Then there was his flight to England during the war, where he expressly intended to convince the English to stop fighting their Aryan brothers in Germany, in order to fight an ethnic war against the mainly Slavic Soviets. If that isn't insane, I don't know what is. Even Hitler realized his old friend had lost his mind.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2010, 7:16 am

Whether or not Hitler had any mental conditions, for the general population such a syndrome as Asperger's would have qualified a person as an "Unter-minch" and would thus be considered cause for execution in order to free up more resources for his "master-race".

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2010, 8:05 am

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Whether or not Hitler had any mental conditions, for the general population such a syndrome as Asperger's would have qualified a person as an "Unter-minch" and would thus be considered cause for execution in order to free up more resources for his "master-race".

Hess was nutsy Fagin but his Nazi buddies never classified him an an Untermensch.

ruveyn

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2010, 8:12 am

iamnotaparakeet wrote:

hitler Syndrome topic

Whatever this evil spawn of humans was "suffering" from, he was spreading it far and wide and people were buying it for twelve years. Some people still continue to buy into it. :evil:

What is ludicrous and even hypocritical about nazism is that the criteria for inclusion into the master race was somehow overlooked for many. Some nazis even decided who was a Jew and who was disabled--I mean look at goebbels, himmler, hess, goering and even hitler himself--all had physical/psychological deficits that did not mesh well with the idea of the ubermenschen.

Much of nazi terror centred upon not knowing what the rules were, and not knowing when or how you would be exterminated.

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

Hanotaux
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Aug 2010, 11:45 am

Absolutely;

I think Hitler's life until 1914 reads like an AS biography.

Quote:
I told a boy in my class about this, and he called me Jew hater, and now, my class says I hate Jews! What rubbish!! !

Figures................. A perfect example of how people in our society have been "conditioned" to throw around accusations of racism and this sort whenever people dare discuss controversial things like these. Leftist group-think. I think it was more a passive and pavlovian reaction on his part from the boy above by calling you a "Jew hater,".............. He was probably just reacting as he had been taught whenever people discuss things like this. Almost anytime anyone dares bring up questions about race, Islam, the Holocaust, etc, conditioned group-responses are used to apply peer-pressure to silence the dissenter.

------

Back to the topic at hand:

I think the fact that Hitler could draw/paint buildings and landscapes but not people is sort of specifically telling for me.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2010, 11:52 am

sartresue wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:

hitler Syndrome topic

Whatever this evil spawn of humans was "suffering" from, he was spreading it far and wide and people were buying it for twelve years. Some people still continue to buy into it. :evil:

What is ludicrous and even hypocritical about nazism is that the criteria for inclusion into the master race was somehow overlooked for many. Some nazis even decided who was a Jew and who was disabled--I mean look at goebbels, himmler, hess, goering and even hitler himself--all had physical/psychological deficits that did not mesh well with the idea of the ubermenschen.

Much of nazi terror centred upon not knowing what the rules were, and not knowing when or how you would be exterminated.

The lesson is to not allow race/religion baiting to sway people toward blind hatred of others. This lesson is being lost and history is repeating against the Muslim population which is mostly innocent (and quite possibly totally innocent depending on what narrative you go with).

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2010, 11:54 am

"No - But I do believe that he had antisocial personality disorder" (i.e. Sociopath/Psychopath).

He shot himself, good riddance to the f*****g parasitic hatemonger.

Helixstein
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2010, 12:16 pm

Quote:
I think the fact that Hitler could draw/paint buildings and landscapes but not people is sort of specifically telling for me.

I am this way, too.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2010, 12:18 pm

Helixstein wrote:
Quote:

I am this way, too.

He was just a sh***y painter. Uninspired art.

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

Hanotaux
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Aug 2010, 12:23 pm

Quote:
He was just a sh***y painter. Uninspired art.

I think his paintings are casually pretty good.

Anyway, all too often, people hide their intolerance behind a guise of tolerance.