Hitler and Aspergers Syndrome (Poll and Discussion).

Page 5 of 5 [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Do you, personally, believe that Adolf Hitler, sufferered from Asperger's Syndrome.
Yes - But mildly. 20%  20%  [ 14 ]
Yes - Quite severely, too. 14%  14%  [ 10 ]
No. 51%  51%  [ 35 ]
I am not sure. 12%  12%  [ 8 ]
No - But I do believe that he ha AD/HD. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No - But I do believe that he had OCD. 3%  3%  [ 2 ]
No - But I do believe that he had Dyslexia. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 69

Craig28
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2010, 5:20 pm

Me and Hitler have a lot in common. 8) Also the both of us share experiences of being treated like crap by society and if I remember correctly, didn't Hitler find it very difficult to get into the whole sex thing?

FuManchu
Butterfly
Butterfly

29 Aug 2010, 5:33 pm

Yes, and come to think of it, I should have added (d) Hitler often rose late.
Most biographers seem to think that his relationship with Eva Braun was never consummated, ie they were "good friends".

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2010, 10:19 am

Your opening post does not cite a single sympton,nor a single reason why you diagnose Hitler with AS.
It would be nice if it had.

Latter posts mention the fact that he was a good amateur artist painter (but not good enough to be a pro) and that he was timid about having sex. Those arent very specific as symptons of AS. Its kinda like saying "both Einstien and I liked chocalate so I must be a genius".

Even if he were an aspie he had other issues which were more salient to his career (like being a sociopath and/or having narcissistic personality disorder). Any aspie trait he may or not have had would have drowned out by other pathologies.

Dalton_Man321
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Sep 2010, 1:40 pm

"No, but I believe he had (syndrome randomly selected from Wikipedia)"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Syndromes

Hitler was just a bad man. Perhaps he was mentally ill but no one will ever know because he isn't here today. It would be far from Aspergers though.

Does George Bush have Aspergers?

MDD123
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2010, 7:14 pm

I read that he had an intense interest in Germany (as in acquiring knowledge) which would help to explain why his speeches worked so well on his intended audience.

I think of Hitler the same way I think of my ex-roommate, a completely helpless tyrant who relies on other people for any kind of authority. A year ago I was blindly doing whatever my roommate told me to do, it took me almost an entire year to realize that he was the biggest and most unappreciative liar I had met. Regardless of how bad my roommate was, he'd have brought a lot less of his brand of "bad" into the world if I hadn't helped him.