Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Epilefftic
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Aug 2010, 3:07 pm

So it was 8:45 at night on a Wednesday, and I had a craving for a McDonalds Big Mac, so I drove off to buy one. Through my greater knowledge, I knew well that after 9pm, at this particular McDonalds, Big Mac's are $0.99 when you buy a medium fries. So I get to the restaurant at 8:50, and bypass the drive-through to take my place idling in the parking-lot until 9.

Lo-and-behold, a mere 10 seconds into my queue to I see flashing lights to my side, followed by the welcomed sight of two flashlights. Apparently they had been following and thought me suspicious. Now I had no ill intentions, so I thought to facilitate the encounter.

To my chagrin, my story of waiting for 9pm at 8:55 for a $0.99 Big Mac was not as convincing as I had hoped, as I looked disappointingly at the banner across the building promoting the sale.

The officer on the left side of my car proceeded to ask questions while the one on the passenger side of my car decided to take the role of repeating each of my responses back to me with "You're not" in front of it.

Their hunch on my intentions was finally understood my myself, when they demanded to see my fingernails and finally got to the drug questions.

It finally ended when they actually decided to run my license through the computer. I was starving at this point, and what should have been a 5 minute wait for a delicious deal, left a bad taste in my mouth.

In the end I got my burger, but at what cost friends? What cost!! !!??????

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2010, 3:11 pm

Wow, your police are worse than ours. And to think I thought the UK won at the "Most Orwellian Police State" competition :roll:

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2010, 3:25 pm

I've been trusting the cops less, and less with each passing year.

Epilefftic
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Aug 2010, 3:28 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
I've been trusting the cops less, and less with each passing year.

Protect and serve....*giggle*

Brianm
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

25 Aug 2010, 4:21 pm

I don't trust the police at all.

UglyDuckling
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

25 Aug 2010, 5:03 pm

Hah. If you loitered suspiciously in my town, I think the police would do their best not to notice anything so they wouldn't have to do more paperwork than absolutely necessary.

luvmyaspie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2010, 6:42 pm

Unnerving! I would have lost my appetite!

Quote:
UglyDuckling
Hah. If you loitered suspiciously in my town, I think the police would do their best not to notice anything so they wouldn't have to do more paperwork than absolutely necessary.

If you loitered suspiciously in my town, it would just depend who you are and who you know! :roll:

Epilefftic
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Aug 2010, 7:42 pm

luvmyaspie wrote:
Unnerving! I would have lost my appetite!

Quote:
UglyDuckling

If you loitered suspiciously in my town, it would just depend who you are and who you know! :roll:

According to my younger brother, this particular McDonalds is technically in a different county, meaning that it is in the poorer town over. The cops watch cars that come from my town and follow them, because apparently their town has nothing to offer but drugs. Sad.

So that's what profiling feels like.

Metalwolf
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2010, 9:15 pm

Ugh, the police. :roll:

I don't mind saying 'Hi' to them, but it's nerve-racking having them 'invite' themselves into your company. Plus I get the 'giggling fits' whenever I get too close to them.

Which is ironic of course, because I'm thinking of going into Law Enforcement as a possible job. :wink:

Kelpie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2010, 9:46 pm

There's only a few police men I trust, and they're the ones who are pro-legalization (if you know what it is, you know what it is, and if you don't, you're probably too young anyways! ;D). But the other ones will stop at nothing to get their quota. And this means they don't give a crap about if they're doing it for the good or not.

I would have asked for their police badge numbers and made a complaint.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2010, 10:33 pm

That's awful! I'm sorry that happened to you. I would hate for that to happen to me!