Post something that made you happy today.

Page 1158 of 2052 [ 32825 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1155, 1156, 1157, 1158, 1159, 1160, 1161 ... 2052  Next

Canary
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2018, 9:13 pm

Got my harmonica, plus some chocolate.

elbowgrease
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2018, 9:43 pm

Yesterday,
My friend said she'll give me her old laptop in a few days, which should be a lot easier to deal with than a smartphone.
The place I'm staying said that they might be able to move me into a different house until things get sorted out more permanently, would have my own room and be able to cook. Really hoping that works out.
Today,
Found some new hair clippers. Much needed.

katdances
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

17 Feb 2018, 2:30 am

fluffysaurus wrote:
katdances wrote:
My hemoglobin count has increased since August, I was in 11.2 back then and now I'm at 13.3! And since August I stopped taking iron supplements, which means I've actually been feeding myself in a healthy manner and that makes me so happy. Two years ago I was diagnosed with anemia having my hemoglobin at 9, when the least it should be for women was 12. So that made me really happy today, I do have my B12 very low (which is why I have been so tired and sleepy lately with no will for anything) but still, no anemia which made my day <3 :D

I got tested 8 months ago, and was put on iron tablets. I've just found out I was at 4 but my b12 was fine. I will be tested again in a couple of weeks. After about 2 days on the iron tablets I felt like someone had connected me to an electric circuit :D.

Ducks made me happy today :D

WHOA 4? How were you feeling? I remember that at 9 I could do a full work day and would need 3 full days to recover, every day felt like the worst hangover, barely making it out of bed, sometimes staying there all day. And that didn't help my mental health at all (Anemia can also be linked to depression). Can't imagine how you're dealing but I'm happy that you're feeling so much better already. About the iron tablets, that happened to me too, like a week after I thought "oh, my body can still feel like this?? wow" I just thought I was getting old ! ! I was recommended to take the tablets with a glass or natural OJ since it "helps" absorb it better or something like that, I love oj so that was good :D Hope you keep getting better :D

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2018, 10:01 am

Esmerelda Weatherwax wrote:
cecilfienkelstien wrote:
"Shapely, wholesome cats"

-- H.P. Lovecraft

he loved his cats

This is a mama cat with a LOT of babies, nursing. Caption, however, is "Cthulhu has awakened" :-) and one can see why... she has the look of the "eternally resigned-to-it mama" done to perfection, which made me smile.

I want the kitties

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2018, 3:29 pm

Aren't they cute? :-) Can you imagine a lap full of those?

This is as close as I could get. Refill your coffee cup, Cecil, and enjoy :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NsZ-5Ao2QY

Edit in: Oh Em Gee, you can hear them purring!

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."
-- Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2018, 3:41 pm

I got everything on my list done. 8)

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2018, 3:46 pm

^^ I love it when that happens! :-)

My happy something today: I woke up early enough to check the weather in time to do much needed errands before it snowed... got in two 40-lb bags of stable bedding pellets (world's cheapest pine pellet cat litter! And extremely good weight bearing exercise for this little old lady, too.)

And my favorite grocery store had bread, cheese, and stewed tomatoes on sale - serious sale, real savings, like half price, on good products.

For quick eats lately, I've been toasting bread and topping it with cheese, then stewed tomatoes, then spices, then cheese on top, and heating the whole glorious mess up in the microwave until the cheese melts and bubbles. (Then you eat it with a fork.) If you do it right (I stack two layers of bread/cheese/tomatoes) there's enough fiber to compensate for the butterfat in the cheese. And it tastes wonderful. And light as anything, surprise.

So now I have lots!

Have some more kittens everyone...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zh4tznWde1M

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."
-- Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2018, 4:28 pm

We might get 6 inches of snow tonight.

But some areas away from the coast in the Northeast might get up to 75 by Wednesday.

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2018, 6:48 pm

Sunny and warm on the river. Lots of bird life. Caught a mess of brim. Perfect!

Lace-Bane
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2018, 8:46 pm

the shinobue and ocarina showed up today(ended up with an unexpected gift card, and ordered them both.)... have become sensory fascinated with making spooky noises with the ocarina >_>

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2018, 10:45 am

^^ I love it when that happens! :-)

My happy something today: I woke up early enough to check the weather in time to do much needed errands before it snowed... got in two 40-lb bags of stable bedding pellets (world's cheapest pine pellet cat litter! And extremely good weight bearing exercise for this little old lady, too.)

And my favorite grocery store had bread, cheese, and stewed tomatoes on sale - serious sale, real savings, like half price, on good products.

For quick eats lately, I've been toasting bread and topping it with cheese, then stewed tomatoes, then spices, then cheese on top, and heating the whole glorious mess up in the microwave until the cheese melts and bubbles. (Then you eat it with a fork.) If you do it right (I stack two layers of bread/cheese/tomatoes) there's enough fiber to compensate for the butterfat in the cheese. And it tastes wonderful. And light as anything, surprise.

So now I have lots!

Have some more kittens everyone...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zh4tznWde1M

the cutest.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2018, 9:06 pm

Beautiful mom cat and cute kittens. They look like Russian Blue kitties.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2018, 9:08 pm

Nice music.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2018, 3:17 am

katdances wrote:
fluffysaurus wrote:
katdances wrote:
My hemoglobin count has increased since August, I was in 11.2 back then and now I'm at 13.3! And since August I stopped taking iron supplements, which means I've actually been feeding myself in a healthy manner and that makes me so happy. Two years ago I was diagnosed with anemia having my hemoglobin at 9, when the least it should be for women was 12. So that made me really happy today, I do have my B12 very low (which is why I have been so tired and sleepy lately with no will for anything) but still, no anemia which made my day <3 :D

I got tested 8 months ago, and was put on iron tablets. I've just found out I was at 4 but my b12 was fine. I will be tested again in a couple of weeks. After about 2 days on the iron tablets I felt like someone had connected me to an electric circuit :D.

Ducks made me happy today :D

WHOA 4? How were you feeling? I remember that at 9 I could do a full work day and would need 3 full days to recover, every day felt like the worst hangover, barely making it out of bed, sometimes staying there all day. And that didn't help my mental health at all (Anemia can also be linked to depression). Can't imagine how you're dealing but I'm happy that you're feeling so much better already. About the iron tablets, that happened to me too, like a week after I thought "oh, my body can still feel like this?? wow" I just thought I was getting old ! ! I was recommended to take the tablets with a glass or natural OJ since it "helps" absorb it better or something like that, I love oj so that was good :D Hope you keep getting better :D
I've been on the iron tablets 8 months now so I feel much better. I think my iron went down gradually over a long period so I became used to the lack of energy and I actually gave up my job. That turned out to be good thing though and I've just started a new one with a lot less hours :D

Goldilocks
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Feb 2018, 3:27 am

I stuck up for myself at home

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2018, 10:35 am

My morning coffee.