Post something that made you happy today.

Page 1016 of 2061 [ 32963 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1013, 1014, 1015, 1016, 1017, 1018, 1019 ... 2061  Next

Lace-Bane
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2017, 6:53 pm

might have figured out how to internalize an elbow strike to launch with great speed and force to a region that, with chance, could induce an instant knockout when there's little to no room to move one's arms while locked in a grab from behind by a larger and stronger opponent(even if one's arms are held stuck to their sides or against their chest).

it seems to fit within the guidelines of what makes for a sound wing chun technique, and is transferable to augmenting a normal forward facing wing chun elbow strike, so that is also pleasing.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2017, 6:56 pm

I am.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2017, 7:03 pm

I am too.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2017, 7:24 pm

mee three :alien: now if only I could figure out what that would be. :scratch:

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2017, 7:27 pm

^Does that matter? You are what you are, that which can never be named. 8)

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

ltcvnzl
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2017, 7:32 pm

I got my phone back from repair shop so finally I'll be able to sleep relaxed without worrying that I'm going to miss the waking up hour!! !

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2017, 8:09 pm

Kuraudo7777 wrote:
^Does that matter? You are what you are, that which can never be named. 8)

iyam what iyam. Image

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2017, 10:34 pm

I just started cleaning stuff, and cleaned some stuff.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2017, 10:45 pm

I listened to a nice collection of choral masterpieces today :dj:

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2017, 11:51 pm

i gave my GF a ride to her grandmother's house today, as her dad who usually gives her a ride was busy, and her grandmother couldn't get out of her driveway because the plumber was blocking it. damn ford transits....

i was with her at her school, after classes had ended. she asked me for one, i biked home and then came back in the toyota. i imagine a lot of people are afraid to ask their partners for things like that, in fear of coming across as too needy or demanding, but i really do like having someone in the passenger seat that isn't my mom.

especially when that passenger kisses you at the end. (and leaves her hi tech red .03 mm pentel pencil in the crevice of doom between the center console and passenger seat...)

crystaltermination wrote:
Had a minor breakthrough this evening while struggling with my latest artwork. I combined too many different types of pencil and pen, ended up with a real mess, (how I wish I could just 'load' an earlier version - traditional artist issues!) but adding yet another medium to the fray has surprisingly sorted it out completely, making it look better than I hoped for.

that's a wonderful feeling, no? i wonder, what medium that was.

one of my biggest specific issues with "traditional art" is the deep etching marks that my hard pencils (use HB to 5H exclusively) make when i'm drafting. when not careless, what was originally meant to be a preliminary sketch line to be erased later finds itself permanently mated to the paper's texture, even when you erase it. wish i knew of some way to even out the little canyons in those cases. THAT would make me happy, any day.

i see you're brave enough to use pen. :jester: that's cool....i'm not, unless the pencil 'phase' is already done and i'm just outlining. :D

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

LjSpike
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

23 Mar 2017, 2:28 am

Kiprobalhato wrote:

that's a wonderful feeling, no? i wonder, what medium that was.

one of my biggest specific issues with "traditional art" is the deep etching marks that my hard pencils (use HB to 5H exclusively) make when i'm drafting. when not careless, what was originally meant to be a preliminary sketch line to be erased later finds itself permanently mated to the paper's texture, even when you erase it. wish i knew of some way to even out the little canyons in those cases. THAT would make me happy, any day.

i see you're brave enough to use pen. :jester: that's cool....i'm not, unless the pencil 'phase' is already done and i'm just outlining. :D

I rarely go above HB, even for writing at times I'll use a B. Keeping a supply of ready-sharpened ones solves the issue of them dulling part-way through, and the issue of marks on the page.

I'm too much of a critic on myself though...

Neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 162 of 200
Neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 52 of 200
LINK: http://www.rdos.net/eng/poly10a.php?p1= ... =66&p10=74
-------------------
Score breakdown for RAADS-R
Total: 185.0 | Language: 17.0 | Social Relatedness: 90.0 | Sensory/Motor 45.0 | Circumscribed Interests: 33.0
LINK: http://www.aspietests.org/raads/questions.php

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2017, 5:51 am

I was walking through UniSA with the office walking group when I spotted a $10 note on the ground. Without breaking my stride and I bent down, picked it up and stuffed it in my wallet. This is great because three days ago I lost $15 one street south. I lost a five and a ten. Maybe it was the same ten. Maybe it had been blowing around for three days and I found it :)

Caesar
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2017, 6:29 am

I'm wearing two different coloured Yeezys :U

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2017, 6:43 am

I know a bit more than I did yesterday :study:

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2017, 10:22 am

I am making up unsolvable riddles, like Zen koans.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2017, 11:05 am

My busy week