Page 24 of 24 [ 370 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2010, 9:50 pm

Erisad wrote:
TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
Erisad wrote:

Ah, okay. I'm not sure how I'd feel about having one though. If my family arranged a marriage for me, I'd be stuck with an uptight bible thumper and I would be miserable. It'd be like being married to my mom, minus the lesbian incest. D:

Again, it would depend on the culture and country. In India, family members will take out personal ads for it. They list attributes that mesh, and only those that are compatible answer. There is no "sweet, honest, makes me laugh..." and so on. It's "is good with numbers, wants to live in the sticks, knows how to relate to others, wants children..."

Of course, since your mom was raised in westernized society, these are not the things she would be looking for in a husband for you. So yeah...

Nope. Her ad for me would be as follows: Looking for good looking devout Christian male who can drive and never masturbates. I don't even think I'd get an arranged marriage out of that unless I was looking for an asexual. :lol:

TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
I agree. I think a lot of the problems with dating I see on this site can be summed up with one little sentence... 'Looking for love in all the wrong places."

Then where are the right places? I'll camp there if I have to. :lol:

Maybe an asexual would work out for you... lmao

As for looking in the right places, I really can't help you there. I lucked out before I had to learn that.

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2010, 10:04 pm

Pistonhead wrote:
How ironic that today people b***h about gpses getting lost. Apparently someone ran their car into a lake because they were paying too much attention to their GPS, just heard the story today.

We didn't get THAT lost but it had to keep recalculating our route because of the damn roundabouts. XD

TeaEarlGreyHot - Umm...I don't think I'd be able to handle an asexual. I would like to have sex someday. I'd have it now if I was in a stable enough relationship. :/