Feeling like you have to be self-sufficient in everything

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2010, 1:39 pm

If I felt that way, I wouldn't get anything done.

Meadow
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2010, 2:34 pm

I have always sort of romanticized the idea of being completely self-sufficient in nature. I'm sure I wasn't considering some factors here and there, but it has always been an enjoyable preoccupation or pass time of mine. I think I just wanted to get completely away from civilization, if you can call it that. I still like to think on these things, like large organic vegetable, herb and flower gardens, fruit groves and orchards, teepee, yurt or hand built living quarters with everything hand-made inside, including furnishings, open fire for cooking, etc. I did some camping, hiking and backpacking in the White Mountains for a period of time and at least had a taste of it. I have enjoyed weaving and loom bead-work, but more an artistic endeavor rather than practical. Today we are lucky enough to be able to enjoy it all if we are successful, inventive and creative enough to achieve, and likewise produce whatever we wish in the comfort of our own backyards.

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2010, 2:37 pm

No i actually feel too dependant and even if i were to live by myself i would still be dependant on many factors.