famous child attends your child school?

Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

would you be upset if a famous child attend your child school?
yes 9%  9%  [ 2 ]
no 48%  48%  [ 11 ]
don't care 43%  43%  [ 10 ]
Total votes : 23

judyfox
Raven
Raven

23 Sep 2010, 6:40 pm

A lot of people are saying hateful things about Madonna daughter; attending LG high school in new York. I don't understand how can people have a problem with a 13 year old going to high school. what do you think about it? would you be upset if a famous child attend your child school?

judyfox
Raven
Raven

23 Sep 2010, 6:56 pm

I can not understand why do people have a problem with celebrities kids, whom starts clothing lines?( Before I get the dumb answers because they never learn to work if they have it handed to them b.s) Most of these kids are as young as 6 come on of course they need their parents help; no need to hate people because you can not pay money for your children dreams. :roll:

OFF topic I know.

jmnixon95
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2010, 6:59 pm

I would be apathetic.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

23 Sep 2010, 11:09 pm

I would have a problem with it because the famous child would get special treatment & privileges from the other students & the teachers.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

judyfox
Raven
Raven

24 Sep 2010, 7:28 am

nick007 wrote:
I would have a problem with it because the famous child would get special treatment & privileges from the other students & the teachers.

sounds to me your problem; would be your own jealousy. :wink:

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2010, 7:45 am

judyfox wrote:
nick007 wrote:

No it's about favoritism. I don't think it's fair for the rest the kids in the school to have to work for good grades when the famous kid gets As simply because of who his/her parents are

judyfox
Raven
Raven

24 Sep 2010, 8:13 am

nick007 wrote:
judyfox wrote:
nick007 wrote:

No it's about favoritism. I don't think it's fair for the rest the kids in the school to have to work for good grades when the famous kid gets As simply because of who his/her parents are

Favoritism is a big problem. The biggest problem is no matter if the child do their work and earn the good grades; people will still complain that it's not fair that their child has failed.

example: if Madonna daughter pass her math class but the rest of the class fail; it would be seen as favoritism which is bias because i have been in classes where one person pass because they study.

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2010, 8:54 am

I'd actually be fascinated and I would just be asking questions about their famous parents. :D

judyfox
Raven
Raven

24 Sep 2010, 9:24 am

superboyian wrote:
I'd actually be fascinated and I would just be asking questions about their famous parents. :D

:D :lol: :lol:

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2010, 9:54 am

superboyian wrote:

The media might start harassing the kids thou because they are friends with em. I wouldn't want kids to end up on the news because they did something minor but stupid with a famous kid

UnderINK
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

24 Sep 2010, 11:59 am

I definitely think that's a case of jealousy. You can't say for certain the kid would get special treatment and even then it's not their fault. It's the teacher's fault. Eminem's family goes to school around where I live. His. . . either half brother, or one of his cousins, played football with my brother in law and Eminem attended one of the games with a hood drawn over his head. Hailie Jade attended the same school in Detroit with another friend of mine before he moved up here to Sterling Heights (about twenty miles north, still in the Metro Detroit area), along with Alaina. And Kim owned a building right in the complex where I live, where my father in law managed the property, and my fiance as a teenager spoke to Kim over the phone about her living arrangements. (I believe she ended up having two total properties in this area).

So it's common around this area for that to happen, and nobody gets upset about it and I wouldn't either. All of our parents back in Mercer area in PA attended school with Trent Reznor and his uncle taught our history class. You would imagine any close relation of a famous person would get special treatment, but it's just something you deal with. Your kid's grades wouldn't suffer so long as they did the work. A teacher could favor the child by giving them an A they don't necessarily deserve, but that shouldn't change your child's A. If they're getting an F, it's probably because they deserve an F, because that would have nothing to do with favoring the famous child, but not liking yours specifically.

Guitar_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2010, 6:37 am

My mom's boyfriend went to college with "The Rock"
He thought it was no big deal, and it wouldn't be for me either, until they started getting special treatment.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2010, 6:50 am

I think that it would have been cool to have been going to school, with a famous kid. 8)

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2010, 6:53 am

I don't get all the hype over famous people. I honestly wouldn't care at all if some random celebrity sent their kid to my school - I'd ignore them just the same as everyone else :lol:

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2010, 9:34 am

I think the famous kids get sent to schools where other famous kids are, so they don't feel like an alien.

Beverly Hills High had a few famous kids as students I think. Kimberly Stewart (Rod Stewart's daughter) went there. A lot of famous people are alumni's.

luvmyaspie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2010, 12:18 pm

Quote:
jmnixon95
I would be apathetic.

Yep...

Asp-Z wrote:
I don't get all the hype over famous people. I honestly wouldn't care at all if some random celebrity sent their kid to my school - I'd ignore them just the same as everyone else :lol:

Exactly...