Page 5 of 8 [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2010, 7:33 am

Sallamandrina wrote:
Ahh, OK, I get it. And you're right - women willing to play that part will be dumb as a brick. Or worse :lol:

I always used the phrase "dumber than a stick of butter." I don't remember where I got it from but it amuses me all the same. :D

Sallamandrina
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2010, 7:37 am

"Thick as shIte" is favoured around here. I probably should just shut up and go to bed now :oops:

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2010, 11:02 am

I'll give an example the other way as well.

I had a college class where there were both plenty of US students and plenty of foreign students. One of the in-front-of-the-class A student group, a girl who was quite attractive but also quiet (I got the impression she was foreign but I never heard an accent out of her), I think it was one of the first few days of class where she turned three-quarters of the way around in her chair and just stared at me for about 30 seconds - in a very loaded sort of way.

My advice - girls - only do that if you want to make sure a guy will never talk to you. Its unnerving as heck in that moment (try to think of how you'd feel if a guy did that - its not too much different on the converse) and I don't think there's any guy out there who knows how to make something constructive of that. I was talking to a friend at the time and acting as if I totally ignored it was the only appropriate reaction I could come up with.

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2010, 1:35 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
I'll give an example the other way as well.

I had a college class where there were both plenty of US students and plenty of foreign students. One of the in-front-of-the-class A student group, a girl who was quite attractive but also quiet (I got the impression she was foreign but I never heard an accent out of her), I think it was one of the first few days of class where she turned three-quarters of the way around in her chair and just stared at me for about 30 seconds - in a very loaded sort of way.

My advice - girls - only do that if you want to make sure a guy will never talk to you. Its unnerving as heck in that moment (try to think of how you'd feel if a guy did that - its not too much different on the converse) and I don't think there's any guy out there who knows how to make something constructive of that. I was talking to a friend at the time and acting as if I totally ignored it was the only appropriate reaction I could come up with.

Oh my. Maybe it's different in her culture. I would only stare at someone for that long if they were doing something that was bothering me. I guess that's more of a glare than a stare. Either way, I don't think she may have meant anything by it. Who knows? Some people are weird. If the clock is at the back of the room, she may have been staring through you to see the clock if that makes any sense.

I do know girls that will ask "How can I be a b***h to get guys to stop creeping on me but still have friends?" So some people have different priorities. I don't really know where I'm going with this post at this point. So I'm gonna shut up now. :P

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2010, 4:16 pm

Erisad wrote:
Oh my. Maybe it's different in her culture. I would only stare at someone for that long if they were doing something that was bothering me. I guess that's more of a glare than a stare. Either way, I don't think she may have meant anything by it. Who knows? Some people are weird. If the clock is at the back of the room, she may have been staring through you to see the clock if that makes any sense.

Lol, nope. No clock on the wall behind me, my desk was holding up the wall, and it was a stare saying "I'm interested but....can you be a protector? Can you be a provider? Can you be a man for me?" - or at least that's exactly what I read in her eyes. Like I said, 4.0 student, one of those that never seemed to miss a test answer, not one who I ever saw stutter on a social calculation either.

Erisad wrote:
I do know girls that will ask "How can I be a b***h to get guys to stop creeping on me but still have friends?" So some people have different priorities. I don't really know where I'm going with this post at this point. So I'm gonna shut up now. :P

Never really looked at her before (aside from just being aware that she was there), after that - made an asserted effort not to. She may not have meant it to scare me off but - it worked wonders.

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2010, 4:52 pm

There was a man in my neighborhood (with a wife and kids) who used to stand around outside and talk to his friends. Whenever I passed by he would give me these long lustful looks. It was unnerving, so one day I just held his gaze and started walking directly towards him. You should have seen him panic then. :lol:

Weiss_Yohji
Toucan
Toucan

28 Sep 2010, 5:04 pm

countzarroff wrote:
That is so mean. If you laugh at people in photos and post them up like its some kind of freak show, there is something wrong with you, not them. I would think as asperger people we'd show a little more compassion.

Chances are you've looked like that in photos before, so you might as well also be laughing at yourself. And if you can't laugh at yourself...

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2010, 5:23 pm

<---- I am a fine example of creepy!

anyone who would choose a such crazy nickname must be ......creepy!

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

28 Sep 2010, 5:26 pm

Erisad wrote:
sluice wrote:
Guys and dogs are a lot alike. All they want is you to fawn over them and give them yum-yums. :P

From what I have seen, you seem to be an intelligent person. A regular guy can find that to be intimidating. Maybe, they find you creepy because you aren't as emotional or girly as the girls they are used to seeing. It is hard to say and I am no expert on guy behavior. Most seem to be after a couple of things and that doesn't change no matter the age.

:lmao:

Anyway, this seems to be about right. It seems to me that regular guys at a certain age (teens through college age) don't want an intelligent lady. They want arm candy. Then they'll realize that she's dumb as a brick and hopefully obtain better taste in women. Good luck to yooooooou! :D

I tend to go for women who are lacking in intelligence but their looks have nothing to do with it & if they are looking trashing/slu*ty I don't like em. I have learning problems & lots of people think I'm slow, stupid or retorted even. I find intelligent people talk down to me & can be very offended by my sense of humor sometimes. I think women most people consider dumb & stupid can be very funny sometimes & even if most others would think they look ugly; I tend to think they are cute if they have nice personalities & I would not see em as stupid either even thou others may.

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Erisad wrote:

Lol, nope. No clock on the wall behind me, my desk was holding up the wall, and it was a stare saying "I'm interested but....can you be a protector? Can you be a provider? Can you be a man for me?" - or at least that's exactly what I read in her eyes. Like I said, 4.0 student, one of those that never seemed to miss a test answer, not one who I ever saw stutter on a social calculation either.

I think that's kind of cute but it's likely I wouldn't of noticed. I 've been accused of statring a lot when I'm really just day-dreaming or thinking

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2010, 6:10 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Erisad wrote:

Erisad wrote:

Never really looked at her before (aside from just being aware that she was there), after that - made an asserted effort not to. She may not have meant it to scare me off but - it worked wonders.

Huh. Interesting. Maybe she's a little socially challenged. She didn't mean it in a hostile way I'm sure but the impression has already been made and it's really hard to change that. :(

nick007 - Just don't tell them that you like them because they're dumb. It'll probably piss them off because they may not even be aware of it or be willing to admit it. It's only something to consider. >.>

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2010, 7:19 pm

Erisad wrote:
[nick007 - Just don't tell them that you like them because they're dumb. It'll probably piss them off because they may not even be aware of it or be willing to admit it. It's only something to consider. >.>

Of coarse not. I do not see em as being dumb. What others consider dumb; I see as being funny, sweet, sensitive & having a cute personality. I do not see things the way most normal people do

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2010, 7:21 pm

nick007 wrote:
Erisad wrote:
[nick007 - Just don't tell them that you like them because they're dumb. It'll probably piss them off because they may not even be aware of it or be willing to admit it. It's only something to consider. >.>

Of coarse not. I do not see em as being dumb. What others consider dumb; I see as being funny, sweet, sensitive & having a cute personality. I do not see things the way most normal people do

Kay. :)

I usually prefer the intelligent type. That might be my problem because anyone with a brain wouldn't want me. Maybe I should try reducing my IQ points a tad and talk to some fraternity brothers. :/

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2010, 7:24 pm

Erisad wrote:
nick007 wrote:
Erisad wrote:

I usually prefer the intelligent type. That might be my problem because anyone with a brain wouldn't want me. Maybe I should try reducing my IQ points a tad and talk to some fraternity brothers. :/

Or you could try looking for smart guys. Go to a comic-book convention dressed up like a superhero or villain & I bet geeks would flock to ya.

My problem is I'm straight-edge & women have to be on coke or something to be interested in me

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2010, 7:28 pm

nick007 wrote:
Erisad wrote:
nick007 wrote:
Erisad wrote:

Or you could try looking for smart guys. Go to a comic-book convention dressed up like a superhero or villain & I bet geeks would flock to ya.

My problem is I'm straight-edge & women have to be on coke or something to be interested in me

Intelligent and smart are the same thing. It's one of the reasons I joined the Renaissance club. It's the "island of misfit toys" of our campus. If you didn't fit in anywhere else, you'd be accepted there. Hell, even they don't see me as anything because a friend or a "little sister." It's really annoying. If I had a more mature face, I'd look more appealing. D:

I like booze but that's it. I don't go beyond tipsy though. :D

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2010, 9:39 pm

Erisad wrote:
Huh. Interesting. Maybe she's a little socially challenged. She didn't mean it in a hostile way I'm sure but the impression has already been made and it's really hard to change that. :(

Its not that it was necessarily scary. The main creepiness issue with guys is just straight faced leering, with girls I think its more of a 'If you like a guy talk to him - don't put the poor guy's feet to the fire'.

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2010, 9:48 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Erisad wrote:

Its not that it was necessarily scary. The main creepiness issue with guys is just straight faced leering, with girls I think its more of a 'If you like a guy talk to him - don't put the poor guy's feet to the fire'.

I like fire. I wouldn't put it on someone's feet though. Sure, they'd cook okay but it wouldn't grow very much until the person stopped running. :twisted: