Page 3 of 8 [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next

Keeno
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2010, 5:16 am

Agreed, and a site like that is quite unethical. These people who put up such sites and propagate such ideas quite likely, perversely, think they are contributing to making a perfect human race by demonising so-called creepy people - perhaps encouraging persecution of people who perhaps simply have limited social skills, which is morally neutral - demonising them because they happened to get in the way of what look like healthy people because they're supposedly a threat to them.

countzarroff
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Sep 2010, 5:27 am

Oh and one more thing, not that I'm a fan of Sarah Palin (BELIEVE ME, I WOULDN'T VOTE FOR HER IF PARIS HILTON WAS THE ONLY OTHER CANDIDATE) but would you like it if I insulted YOUR family on an international website. Leave family alone man. Criticize the politicians, that's part of their job, but lay off of family. Okay I'm done making my point now. Hopefully people will listen, but I won't be shocked if they don't.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2010, 5:35 am

i also agree. there is nothing offensive about being simply odd.
but the word "creepy" also connotes a sense of dangerousness about who is a creep.

a creep is a person who molds themselves artificially to conform to a requirement for acceptance into a group of otherwise naive people.

creeps are ugly of spirit, and they deliberately contrive a personage for themselves in order to receive the unsuspecting acceptance of those who are genuine and innocent and uncontrived.

creeps are like slick imposters, and if they are not accepted, they will remain on the sidelines watching for weaknesses like hyenas who furtively survey the herd for people who's sexuality they can dine upon.

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2010, 5:44 am

b9 wrote:
but the word "creepy" also connotes a sense of dangerousness about who is a creep.

a creep is a person who molds themselves artificially to conform to a requirement for acceptance into a group of otherwise naive people.

creeps are ugly of spirit, and they deliberately contrive a personage for themselves in order to receive the unsuspecting acceptance of those who are genuine and innocent and uncontrived.

creeps are like slick imposters, and if they are not accepted, they will remain on the sidelines watching for weaknesses like hyenas who furtively survey the herd for people who's sexuality they can dine upon.

Well said.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2010, 5:50 am

Keeno wrote:
Agreed, and a site like that is quite unethical. These people who put up such sites and propagate such ideas quite likely, perversely, think they are contributing to making a perfect human race by demonising so-called creepy people - perhaps encouraging persecution of people who perhaps simply have limited social skills, which is morally neutral - demonising them because they happened to get in the way of what look like healthy people because they're supposedly a threat to them.

I don't think we should attribute motivations that may or may not be true. They probably just thought it was funny.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2010, 6:44 am

Aimless wrote:
Well said.

thanks for understanding what i wrote. i know you did not deliberately decide to understand it, but you understood it because you have a mind that is in some ways similar to mine and i am thankful for that.
anyway i am off to bed so i am retiring from this site for tonight.

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2010, 7:22 am

b9 wrote:

What do you call someone who, if they are not accepted, remains on the sidelines until literally dragged out and thrown back on the field?

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2010, 7:29 am

Yeah, I just thought it was funny. It could also serve as an example so that we can try to be less creepy. >.>

katzefrau
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2010, 9:50 pm

hale_bopp wrote:

i think this creepy guy is kinda hot ...
:oops: :oops: :oops:

ladyrain
Toucan
Toucan

28 Sep 2010, 12:16 am

katzefrau wrote:

Agreed. Glowering ... mmm, nice.
Especially in contrast to grinning boneheads.
Not creepy - just bored rigid.

ladyrain
Toucan
Toucan

28 Sep 2010, 12:21 am

b9 wrote:

Yes b9, that is what creeps are. Ugly of spirit. Thanks for your insights.

sluice
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2010, 12:29 am

Chronos wrote:
sluice wrote:
I don't think guys associate creepy with women

They do. I know this from experience.

Though I can't for the life of me figure what is is about me.....dogs hate me too.

Guys and dogs are a lot alike. All they want is you to fawn over them and give them yum-yums. :P

From what I have seen, you seem to be an intelligent person. A regular guy can find that to be intimidating. Maybe, they find you creepy because you aren't as emotional or girly as the girls they are used to seeing. It is hard to say and I am no expert on guy behavior. Most seem to be after a couple of things and that doesn't change no matter the age.

Sallamandrina
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2010, 12:30 am

b9 wrote:

This is so true and such a shame the word is being used so liberally about everybody that doesn't fit in, doesn't have a fake tan and smile to go with or for those people simply don't like. It's so cruel and stupid it makes my stomach turn. :(

katzefrau
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2010, 1:06 am

ladyrain wrote:
katzefrau wrote:

Agreed. Glowering ... mmm, nice.
Especially in contrast to grinning boneheads.
Not creepy - just bored rigid.

i don't know about bored even. he could be writing a symphony in his head.

the people in front of him are facsimile humans by comparison. if you kicked them they would fall over and shatter.

dogs hate me too.

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2010, 7:17 am

sluice wrote:
Guys and dogs are a lot alike. All they want is you to fawn over them and give them yum-yums. :P

From what I have seen, you seem to be an intelligent person. A regular guy can find that to be intimidating. Maybe, they find you creepy because you aren't as emotional or girly as the girls they are used to seeing. It is hard to say and I am no expert on guy behavior. Most seem to be after a couple of things and that doesn't change no matter the age.

:lmao:

Anyway, this seems to be about right. It seems to me that regular guys at a certain age (teens through college age) don't want an intelligent lady. They want arm candy. Then they'll realize that she's dumb as a brick and hopefully obtain better taste in women. Good luck to yooooooou! :D

Sallamandrina
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2010, 7:20 am

^
So all good looking women are dumb as a brick? 8O