Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2010, 6:20 pm

Just recently I did a lot of restructuring in my house. I used a lot of muscle. But NEVER do this: I fell asleep on the couch after a day of heavy lifting and woke up to realize I was in an awkward position. I was too exhausted to put myself in a regular bed and spent the night on the couch in that funky position. WELLLL....when I tried to get up off the couch, I couldn't move!
I had to scoot off the couch and on to the floor and then try to stand. The PAIN was so unbearable, that I was hollaring and felt like I was going to vomit. I was actually sweating and it was downright cold and clammy in the house. I made this mistake before and had to put up with pain in my lower back for about a week. That hurt too but nothing like this time. This time it was my upper back. I had to sleep sitting up with a lot of pillows supporting me because if I layed flat in a bed, I would experience AGONIZING pain just to get up to take a pee. What hell!! NEVER DO THIS TO YOURSELF! I don't know what this is called but it sure DOES HURT! I freakin' knew this was going to happen but was too tired to do anything about it and figured,,,ahhh, I'll be alright....then I ended up screaming like a wounded animal. My husband and kids thought I broke some bones. I never want to feel pain like that ever again ! Here's another thing: If you ever wake up in the middle of the night, NEVER flex your foot with the toes pointing forward, you will see stars because your calf muscle will hurt SO BAD! Once, my legs felt stiff, so I did just that and saw stars! But nothing can top the pain I experienced in my upper back. So when you work out or use your muscles a lot, go straight to bed and sleep like a human being.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2010, 7:17 pm

I have major back problems, and I can completely relate to this. Especially after having my kids. OMFG I swear some days I just wanted to die the pain was so intense. My poor husband had to call in sick just so *someone* was taking care of the kids.

luvmyaspie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2010, 9:08 am

:lol: Sorry for the laughing...but the "sleep like a human being" part was just too funny.

However, thank you for the very good advice RightGalaxy. 8)

TeaEarlGreyHot, I totally get you on that one. After carrying my four to full term, my back's never been the same...and after overdoing it and slipping a lower back disc 5 years ago...and being crippled for 6 months...I vowed to never over do the physical stuff again. I've kept that promise to myself too!

So here's another sweet bit of advice...if you have a weak lower back...know when to stop! The frustration and agony just isn't worth it.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2010, 8:09 pm

Thank you for the useful advice. :)

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2010, 1:50 am

luvmyaspie wrote:
:lol: Sorry for the laughing...but the "sleep like a human being" part was just too funny.

However, thank you for the very good advice RightGalaxy. 8)

TeaEarlGreyHot, I totally get you on that one. After carrying my four to full term, my back's never been the same...and after overdoing it and slipping a lower back disc 5 years ago...and being crippled for 6 months...I vowed to never over do the physical stuff again. I've kept that promise to myself too!

So here's another sweet bit of advice...if you have a weak lower back...know when to stop! The frustration and agony just isn't worth it.

I got the same advice from my doctor when I was diagnosed with scoliosis. lol