Page 2 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

NutcrackerPrincess
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

23 Oct 2012, 7:53 am

I have mild Aspergers and I do rock back and forth, but I didn't start doing it until I was 12 or 13. It felt really good for whatever reason I was doing it, but people who saw me doing it would always be like, "What's with the rocking back and forth? Are you Autistic or something?" and back then, I barely knew what Autism was. Now that I have been diagnosed, I feel more comfortable doing it whenever I feel like it, but I'm in control..I try not to do it so much around people so I don't freak them out. But if I had my way, I would do it all the time even for just no reason at all because it just feels good.

jetbuilder
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2012, 11:28 am

I think I've always rocked, but before I learned about AS, it was so subtle that no one commented on it. Now, I do it without even realizing I've started doing it. I don't really try and stop myself anymore unless I'm around people.

I think equating it to rocking in a rocking chair is the best description. It feels good. I LOVED rocking chairs when I was a kid. I'd sit cross legged in my grandmas chair and rock. :lol:

My Tumblr: http://jetbuilder.tumblr.com/

qwertyuiop1994
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Oct 2012, 11:49 am

I like rocking backwards and forwards because it feels nice and means I can think about things. But sometimes I don't realise I'm doing it. :)

chris5000
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2012, 12:20 pm

never even realized I rocked till after reading this. I tend to rock on my heels