Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

tooty
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Oct 2010, 10:41 pm

Hi,

My son was recently diagnosed with Asperger's and possibly a bit of ADHD. This was not a surprise. His 6th birthday is today. His current obsessions are crabs, copper, and volcanos. He is big on the geology right now, lol. He is loud and talks constantly about his interests :) He's an awesome little boy and I am blessed to be his mother.

I'm want to learn as much as possible about Aspergers and hopefully meet other AS parents. I would appreciate parenting advice/tips specific to AS that will make things easier on all of us. I would love to hear from Aspies what they appreciated about their parents and what they wish had been different. I plan on homeschooling.

If there are any geologists out there, my son has lots of questions for you ;)

I suspect my son got this from me, since I have a fair amount of ASD traits. Maybe I'll learn more about myself here as well.

James0Zero
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Oct 2010, 11:10 pm

Sorry I don't know much at all about geology lol. But I can say as a 20 year old aspergian who still lives with his parents I can say they have been most wonderful to me. My dad is the best I know. He works from 6 am to 10 pm 6 days a week to support me and my mom. My mom... isn't the most understanding but she at lest tries and pushes me to do better... Although some encouragement or praise would be nice... I don't know if that's specific to me or not. I welcome you hear I hope you learn a lot like I have. And after all if you don't your bound to have fun as aspergians and our ilk are the most interesting people to know. :)

"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'"-George Carlin

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2010, 12:12 am

A very special Welkome to WrongPlanet, with a K.

The WP Kink

Brainfre3ze_93
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2010, 8:01 am

Welcome!

JetLag
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2010, 10:53 am

Welcome, tooty, to the WP forums.

KyleTheGhost