Page 18 of 28 [ 435 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 28  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2017, 9:52 pm

I wish I could be accurate enough [and quick enough] for long enough, to be a suitable cashier.

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2017, 12:54 am

Architect - came from sitting and watching my Father draft plans. Then I became obsessed with architecture, in and of itself.

Musician/Singer/Dancer - going to see musicals, throughout my childhood years and beyond. Playing classical guitar and singing, from 6 y/o, going forward, and music has been a huge part of my life, and has shaped me into the person I am, I believe.

A Mom - came from having the most amazing Mom in the world, and wanting to love and raise a child in the way that my Mom (and my Father) raised me and my sister.

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2017, 1:33 am

Veterinarian.

My first research paper in 7th grade was titled "Common Diseases of the Horse's Hoof".

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2017, 1:37 am

eric76 wrote:
Veterinarian. My first research paper in 7th grade was titled "Common Diseases of the Horse's Hoof".

do you follow doc Wallach?

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2017, 1:52 am

auntblabby wrote:
eric76 wrote:
Veterinarian. My first research paper in 7th grade was titled "Common Diseases of the Horse's Hoof".

No. I haven't even heard of him, so I just looked him up.

For what it's worth, I don't listen to those pushing "natural" cures, especially things like colloidal silver.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2017, 1:54 am

eric76 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
eric76 wrote:

No. I haven't even heard of him, so I just looked him up.

For what it's worth, I don't listen to those pushing "natural" cures, especially things like colloidal silver.

I just thought of him when you mentioned veterinary medicine.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2017, 10:47 pm

Architect - came from sitting and watching my Father draft plans. Then I became obsessed with architecture, in and of itself.

Musician/Singer/Dancer - going to see musicals, throughout my childhood years and beyond. Playing classical guitar and singing, from 6 y/o, going forward, and music has been a huge part of my life, and has shaped me into the person I am, I believe.

A Mom - came from having the most amazing Mom in the world, and wanting to love and raise a child in the way that my Mom (and my Father) raised me and my sister.

on "the brady bunch", Mike was an architect. mike made architecture look cool. professional. and he could raise six children. and live in that house. of course, that was just tv. but whatever. it looked important. that's why i wanted to be an architect. but of course i knew nothing about architecture.

never wanted to be a mom before. decided when i was young not to have children. what's the point? the world contains plenty of unwanted children. why add more?

CyclopsSummers
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2017, 1:58 pm

Paleontologist and painter. Ended up working in a warehouse. Go figure.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2017, 3:06 pm

CyclopsSummers wrote:

life is what happens when we've made other plans. [john lennon]

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2017, 10:01 pm

CyclopsSummers wrote:

life is what happens when we've made other plans. [john lennon]

yeah i know huh.

in the past, i did not plan to (1) get dumped by almost all my precious lil "friends". (2) flunk school (3) car crash (4) gain weight (5) get evicted

so why waste all that energy making plans if the plans will just fail anyways

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2017, 10:31 pm

shortfatbalduglyman wrote:
in the past, i did not plan to (1) get dumped by almost all my precious lil "friends". (2) flunk school (3) car crash (4) gain weight (5) get evicted so why waste all that energy making plans if the plans will just fail anyways

I useta think that way, but was cautioned by my steel-trap-minded older brother that I was "stinkin' thinkin'" and that i'd end up homeless on the street if I kept it up. he was prolly right. so I expend just enough energy so far, to avoid total oblivion.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2017, 8:46 pm

I useta think that way, but was cautioned by my steel-trap-minded older brother that I was "stinkin' thinkin'" and that i'd end up homeless on the street if I kept it up. he was prolly right. so I expend just enough energy so far, to avoid total oblivion.

the homeless became homeless from a wide variety of causes.

some of those causes, are not the fault of the homeless.

some of those causes, are beyond the homeless' control.

there are plenty of homeless. they comprise a wide variety of personality types.

unless your brother is psychic, a statement like that was like telling fortunes.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2017, 8:53 pm

^^^fair enough. "there but for the grace of god go I." I realize that if I had a few ergs less energy and a few less-well functioning neurons, i'd be the one living under that bridge- that is, if I was still alive. so many things could have gone wrong...

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2017, 8:45 pm

^^^fair enough. "there but for the grace of god go I." I realize that if I had a few ergs less energy and a few less-well functioning neurons, i'd be the one living under that bridge- that is, if I was still alive. so many things could have gone wrong...

yeah there are a lot of things that could've gone wrong, that would've made me in much worse situations later. for example, plenty of things could've made me homeless. thus far i ain't homeless. however the $$ will run out sooner or later.

on the other hand, things could've gone better. but even if they were better, then what?

whooptie do

Victor1985
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

19 Jul 2017, 1:58 pm

I wanted to be a police officer, because I'd be allowed to own handcuffs, and I'd get to lock people in the jail.

I was a very strange child.... I was fascinated with handcuffs, manacles, etc also I was usually trying to build prisons to lock my classmates in, I rigged up a decent looking jailhouse out of cots once. I only imprisoned 2 or 3 people during the lunch break. I never did become a police officer, and I stopped trying to build prisons by the time I reached secondary school.

I did have a go at constructing an improvised electric chair, but just to look at; it had no current.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2017, 8:20 pm

Victor1985 wrote:
I wanted to be a police officer, because I'd be allowed to own handcuffs, and I'd get to lock people in the jail.

I was a very strange child.... I was fascinated with handcuffs, manacles, etc also I was usually trying to build prisons to lock my classmates in, I rigged up a decent looking jailhouse out of cots once. I only imprisoned 2 or 3 people during the lunch break. I never did become a police officer, and I stopped trying to build prisons by the time I reached secondary school.

I did have a go at constructing an improvised electric chair, but just to look at; it had no current.

__________________________________________________________________________________

police officer. when i was 24, took the written test for police officer. briefly considered it.

but police officer seriously sounds like a bad choice for autistics. police officers have to deal with a lot of suspected criminals. police officers have to handle life/death situations. police officers have to make fast decisions. police officers have to be better at driving, than someone that is not a police officer.