Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Valueman
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

16 Oct 2010, 5:00 pm

how does this affect your every day life?

Bullyng needs to stop ! !! I had this happen to me by mean s of staff and students who would at time s abuse me. For weeeks at a time when i would go to the school ... the teachers would lock me in a room with the light off . and not allow me to come out until days end. i missed lunch on these days. Iam now having problems with flash backs and they are so strong that at times make me crazy. if you know someone who is being bullyed protect them and make sure at least that you care for them. more posts soon!!

Valueman

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2010, 5:39 pm

I was teased and bullied in Grade School and it has had a tremendous effect on me. I like to stay in on the evenings that I don't go out with my friends, because of the highschool students who hang out, around my neighbourhood. I don't want to run the risk of being bullied by them, the way that I was bullied by my peers, in High School.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2010, 5:49 pm

I got a nervous break down in 6th grade but before that it made me fake normal and it made me change by being more nicer and more caring and more considerate. I wanted to be liked and respected so I started to change at age ten. It didn't work but I felt happier about myself and better. I also think it made me stop caring about what people will think of me and it messed up my emotions because I learned to ignore them. I also think it made me tougher and not give a s**t what people say. I was in my teens when I finally stopped caring and early twenties when I toughened up thanks to internet bullies and in my late teens I learned to not be so naive because of all these internet bullies I'd get. I used to be more targeted but not as much anymore. Now it's rare.

Amajanshi
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2010, 6:59 pm

Bullying lets me retrospectively realize the bullies' insecurities and intolerance for people. These bullies are obviously troubled and lead empty lives, and they have nothing else to look forward to in their life other than making other people's lives miserable. What a pathetic existence.

It compels me to never bully anybody due to their differences that they didn't choose. I would never bully or attack another person that's disabled or has a mental condition (with the possible exception of psychopaths that may attack me).

I have also learned not to care as much about what people think about me because I have realized that it's impossible to please everyone. So I shall only please my close friends and other Aspies as we get along better.

Xelebes
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2010, 7:26 pm

Bullying may need to stop, but it will never cease. It is largely an issue of discipline in the family, if a specific bully, or community if the bullies are a group. If it is systemic, it is a policy issue. That being said, without having a label or diagnosis in school, I was exposed to systemic bullying and improper discipline. Thus, I bounced around and had emotional collapses later on as I did not know what was going on in my body.

http://xelebes.wordpress.com/
My Blog

momsparky
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2010, 7:47 pm

There is a terrific website I just found on bullying and what to do about it here: http://www.bullying.org/htm/main.cfm?content=1089

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2010, 8:44 pm

I wouldn't actually call the OP's experience "bullying". Bullying is defined as being attacked by one's social or age-matched peers, such as co-workers, teammates, or fellow students. Teachers who behave in the manner described in the OP's school would simply be called "abusive". It's a significant difference because mistreatment by someone with a higher social position than yourself has a different dynamic from mistreatment by a peer, and probably different solutions.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com