Talking to oneself and making friends in new areas

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

PancakeBoss
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

22 Oct 2010, 8:50 pm

I talk to myself.. a lot, I have long conversations with myself and I don't know if that's aspergers related or not but I get so caught up in my conversations with myself that sometimes I say them out loud, I don't have split personality or anything so ya.
As for the making friends in new areas portion, well i've lived in the same town for a little over 13 years, i've grown up with most of the people that i'm in school with (i'm a senior now) and one thing that I need to do is move somewhere else because I don't really feel comfortable around my town anymore because there's lots of people that hang out in town that I do NOT want to see cause of threats and stuff (not any of the people in my school) so I don't go in town anymore and I need to learn to take care of myself. So I was thinking of moving to a place that is about 10 minutes away so I can still stay close to family. The problem is that i'm really attached to my mom and my dog and I can't picture living without them, but it has to happen at some time like I can't live with her till i'm 30 lol. But when I do move to the new location I was wondering how to make friends in the community. I'm going to be going to community college but it's probably going to be in a different city than the one i'm going to move to and one of my friends might move with me. So when moving, how does one make new friends?

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2010, 12:59 pm

This might be the blind leading the blind a bit...

I would take some classes, do some volunteering, or get involved with other activities that get you in contact with other people. Be open to connection, but don't push things. Maybe you'll meet someone you click with. If nothing else, you'll get yourself out of the house and around other people, and that can be good in itself.

May you find the friends you seek.

PancakeBoss
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

27 Oct 2010, 8:36 pm

Moog wrote:

I would take some classes, do some volunteering, or get involved with other activities that get you in contact with other people. Be open to connection, but don't push things. Maybe you'll meet someone you click with. If nothing else, you'll get yourself out of the house and around other people, and that can be good in itself.

what do you mean by the blind leading the blind?

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2010, 6:09 am

PancakeBoss wrote:
Moog wrote:

It means I'm not so good at this myself.

PancakeBoss
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

28 Oct 2010, 8:27 pm

Moog wrote:
PancakeBoss wrote:
Moog wrote:

It means I'm not so good at this myself.

oh ok, well thanks for the advice :)