Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Maranatha
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Oct 2010, 7:25 pm

Any experiences with humiliation in your life?

Did you make any choices to respond in one way or another that you found to be a "good" responses or not so good?

Do you treat others differently as a result of this experience?

Ackman
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2010, 7:26 pm

Maranatha wrote:

Did you make any choices to respond in one way or another that you found to be a "good" responses or not so good?

All the time. Most of it comes from here.

Maranatha
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Oct 2010, 7:33 pm

Ackman wrote:

ouch. sorry to hear that.

:(

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2010, 12:13 am

Ackman wrote:
Maranatha wrote:

please don't let mere human beings humiliate you. think about it- if the angel gabriel came down from heaven and alit on your doorstep and told you off, he might have a point [as he would for us all], but coming from a mere eating-and-eliminating bag of meat and bones, why bother yourself over it?

zen_mistress
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2010, 1:36 am

Yep. The high amount f humiliation I have suffered in my life has made me more aware of certain issues. I can see how important it is to have a dignified life if you are elderly, mentally ill, or different, and I have found amazing sources of humanity in surprising places where most people would never think of looking.

Taking a break.

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2010, 8:08 am

auntblabby wrote:
Ackman wrote:
Maranatha wrote:

please don't let mere human beings humiliate you. think about it- if the angel gabriel came down from heaven and alit on your doorstep and told you off, he might have a point [as he would for us all], but coming from a mere eating-and-eliminating bag of meat and bones, why bother yourself over it?

Good Lord!! Will you marry me? :lol:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2010, 12:35 am

RightGalaxy wrote:
Good Lord!! Will you marry me? :lol:

in honor of truth in advertising, you must know what you'd be in for with me :o . i'm good for the occasional bon mot, but not much else. but i am flattered just the same. :) 8)

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2010, 1:55 am

The only humiliation I remember having was when I was falsely arrested. Some kids saw me at the back of the police car and I even saw one of my school mates and I just knew my whole school was probably going to know about it and my life be over. I couldn't imagine what my new life be like in school, being seen as a thief, no one not ever trusting me again and even though my mom told me to just say what really happened, I didn't think they'd believe me. I remember asking if I can switch schools now and mom told me no and said it all be alright.

I would say that was humiliation because I didn't want to go to school on Monday and I didn't go to town for the whole weekend. I stayed at home with Benny & Joon hiding in the basement. I wouldn't go and watch the homecoming parade.