ABC Hires Andrew Breitbart as Election Analyst

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Vector
Toucan
Toucan

29 Oct 2010, 6:23 pm

NT people are insane, and this proves it:
ABC Hires Breitbart

Do you remember Andrew Breitbart? He's the one who put the unfairly edited videotape of Shirley Sherrod on his website and tricked the Obama administration into firing someone for telling a story to make a point. This is someone who has proven he has no credibility, right? Who is willing to be completely dishonest to score political points, right?

And ABC is putting him TV. On election night. As an analyst.

I am sure they are doing this because they think the controversy will get them attention.

It seems crazy to me that the best way to get attention from the media is to do something crazy. Step on someone's head! Burn a Koran! People will pay attention no matter how obscure you are.

I think if autistic people ran TV there would be a lot less people just shouting out big lies because they are desperate for attention.
Also, more shows about train. And physics!

And Andrew Breitbart would not be on TV. ABC should dump him and hire Sherrod in his place.

Zara
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2010, 8:54 am

Why? The man is a fraud. Nobody should take anything this says as serious.

I'm sure he's being paid too. Society rewards the wicked...

Come check out my photography!
http://dmausf.deviantart.com/

xenon13
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2010, 10:34 pm

He used the stupidest trick to forge one of his videos - subtitling. As the Gameliel Foundation people were chanting "Hear our cry O God", Breitbart's subtitles read "Hear our cry Obama". Yes, he tried to make people think that black people were praying to Obama.

xenon13
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2010, 10:36 pm

It's well-known that the people who lied about weapons of mass destruction in Iraq and who were the true believers in the media were rewarded and those who were sceptical have been punished. Being right is the worst thing to do these days.

Fehndrix
Toucan
Toucan

03 Nov 2010, 1:50 am

ABC has dropped Breibart, thank god.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2010, 5:25 pm

Zara wrote:

He only played the tape that he had. He asked for the full tape and was basically given the finger. So he went with what he had and actually he did have the segment which put Sherrod's comments in context included in his video post. He was actually going after the crowd's reaction not Sherrod.

It was the White House that acted stupidly by firing her saying they didn't want it on Glenn Beck.

The next day Glenn Beck turned around and defended Sherrod.

You should read the story Animal Farm sometime and pay particular attention to the sheep. Not saying this as an insult or to offend anyone, but you shouldn't believe everything one side or the other says especially when politics are involved.

Zara
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2010, 7:16 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
Zara wrote:

He only played the tape that he had. He asked for the full tape and was basically given the finger. So he went with what he had and actually he did have the segment which put Sherrod's comments in context included in his video post. He was actually going after the crowd's reaction not Sherrod.

It was the White House that acted stupidly by firing her saying they didn't want it on Glenn Beck.

The next day Glenn Beck turned around and defended Sherrod.

You should read the story Animal Farm sometime and pay particular attention to the sheep. Not saying this as an insult or to offend anyone, but you shouldn't believe everything one side or the other says especially when politics are involved.

He asked for the tape from WHOM exactly? He showed exactly what he wanted to accomplish a specific goal of defaming Sherrod as a racist and a cheap shot get back at the NAACP. It was borderline slander and libel. He only posted the full video after the damage had been done. It was sloppy journalism and he was so desperate to get back at the NAACP that he aired it without checking his sources. He knew exactly what kind of drama this would cause and if he didn't, he is a moron who has no business in political commentary. I know he was looking for racism in the NAACP audience, but as anyone who has watched a speech... guess who you pay attention to 99% of time? The speechmaker. If Breitbart didn't realize that simple fact, again he is a moron.

I don't excuse what the White House did as it was disgusting to cower in fear of Fox News and Glenn Beck, but it doesn't excuse Breitbart's actions. Like Breitbart, they jumped the gun before getting all the facts.

Coming from someone who believes his side can do no wrong and takes every opportunity to demonize his political opposition, I'd encourage you take a good hard look at how political propaganda and information manipulation works. Pretending the right is innocent on these things all the time is tantamount to compete ignorance and "head stuck in the sand" mentality.

Come check out my photography!
http://dmausf.deviantart.com/

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2010, 8:40 pm

Zara wrote:
He asked for the tape from WHOM exactly? He showed exactly what he wanted to accomplish a specific goal of defaming Sherrod as a racist and a cheap shot get back at the NAACP. It was borderline slander and libel. He only posted the full video after the damage had been done. It was sloppy journalism and he was so desperate to get back at the NAACP that he aired it without checking his sources. He knew exactly what kind of drama this would cause and if he didn't, he is a moron who has no business in political commentary. I know he was looking for racism in the NAACP audience, but as anyone who has watched a speech... guess who you pay attention to 99% of time? The speechmaker. If Breitbart didn't realize that simple fact, again he is a moron.

He asked for the rest of it from the guy that gave him the video he posted up. I believe it has also been shown that his video included the part that vindicates Ms. Sherrod. And as far as slandering the NAACP, hate to break it to you but there is evidence that the NAACP can act racist towards whites. Two wrongs doesn't make a right.

Zara wrote:
I don't excuse what the White House did as it was disgusting to cower in fear of Fox News and Glenn Beck, but it doesn't excuse Breitbart's actions. Like Breitbart, they jumped the gun before getting all the facts.

Now you are pretty much slandering Fox News. If I remember correctly only O'Reilly brought up the story and he apologized the following night. Glenn Beck didn't even talk about the story until the next day because he didn't feel it was appropriate to comment until he knew just what exactly happened because he hadn't even seen the video. Beck's first comments was the White House behaved stupidly and Sherrod should be offered her job back with an apology.

Zara wrote:
Coming from someone who believes his side can do no wrong and takes every opportunity to demonize his political opposition, I'd encourage you take a good hard look at how political propaganda and information manipulation works. Pretending the right is innocent on these things all the time is tantamount to compete ignorance and "head stuck in the sand" mentality.

If you read what I just said, I kinda berate O'Reilly for jumping the gun without all the facts. Breitbart also demonstrated poor judgement and probably should have put more effort into try to get the entire tape of the NAACP event start to finish. That was really sloppy on his part; however I don't believe he was out to get Ms. Sherrod. Quite honestly I think he should offer Ms. Sherrod an extremely high paying job and apologize profusely to her more than he's already done.