Page 6 of 6 [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

persian85033
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2011, 1:48 pm

I like wearing the same clothes every day. That way, there's no danger that I'll be uncomfortable in them.

"Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the leash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

31 Jan 2011, 2:02 pm

Kiseki wrote:
verbal0rchid wrote:
Don't even get me started on finding a decent bra.... *facepalm* :lol:

That's why I have 3 of the exact same bra in the exact same color from Victoria's Secret :) But no underwire! UGH!

I also have three of the exact same bra in the exact same color.

Underwires are horrible. HORRIBLE. They're torture devices.

Severus
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2011, 3:10 pm

Kiseki wrote:
verbal0rchid wrote:
Hidden wrote:
If I find a shirt I particularly like, I'll buy every color in that same style that I can find in my size. Who cares if it's weird, it's me, and I like it. :)

I do this too! I also buy multiples of the same jeans. Is that weird? I think it makes total sense.

Ditto. Not weird, at least not for me. If I ever find a stock of, say, 5 pairs decent - looking black jeans that would fit, exactly the same, I'll buy the lot. At one time I had three pairs of the same kind of army pants and I was quite happy about it.

Last edited by Severus on 31 Jan 2011, 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

31 Jan 2011, 3:12 pm

Verdandi wrote:

8O Blimey! Very pleased I have no need for them. :lol:

And if I may, on behalf of women sufferers everywhere: "Damn you, Marie Tucek!" <shakes fist>

Severus
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2011, 3:17 pm

verbal0rchid wrote:

I solved that problem some time ago by wearing a binder vest under my T-shirts. Feels much more comfortable than the padded, tight, strap-and-cup device which is a bra.
I only have one real bra that I only put on when I wear a dress.

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

31 Jan 2011, 4:06 pm

I currently have three pairs of black jeans. I intend to buy more (meant to this month, kept forgetting).

I can vary my shirts a bit, but I want some stability.

Severus
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2011, 4:47 pm

Verdandi wrote:
I can vary my shirts a bit, but I want some stability.

Stability is the word. I tend to get anxious if I have to choose a different outfit every day or a different food for dinner. Getting the same every time simply feels right.

Kiseki
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2011, 9:06 pm

Verdandi wrote:
Kiseki wrote:
verbal0rchid wrote:

That's why I have 3 of the exact same bra in the exact same color from Victoria's Secret :) But no underwire! UGH!

I also have three of the exact same bra in the exact same color.

I agree. They feel like someone is squeezing me!

Bloodheart
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2011, 9:27 pm

Although part of the reason for my wearing the same clothes all the time is due to having no money for new clothes...lol...

I always buy the same items of clothing so it looks like I'm wearing the exact same outfits more than once - I went through a phase of wearing corduroy jackets for about six years...bought the same styles every time but in either differing shades of brown orange or purple, wore the same brightly coloured paisley tops for two years, wore stupidly high shoes before the Spice Girls did it so when the craze took off I bought multiple pairs of the exact same shoe which lasted me for years...I had one pair which were black with yellow trim and a little yellow sperm (seriously) on the heel that I wore constantly, etc.

Currently you will most often see me in the following;
Plain bootcut jeans, usually dark blue occasionally light blue, always the same style as they're bought from the same place every time, I buy about a pair a month and swap them out for an older pair. Plain vest top, most commonly black but sometimes red, purple or grey, from the same shop every time. Supportive vests, help with sensory issues, black and worn under the vest tops, again always same style and from same shop. Black trainers, I've been consistently buying Sketchers for a while now, the past three pairs have all been the same black suede premium sports shoe. I was wearing the same black/grey coat for some time, but switched out at Christmas for a coat of the same style only this one is purple.

Good-looking girls break hearts, and goodhearted girls mend them.