Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

DemonAbyss10
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2010, 10:00 am

I know one male celebrity plenty of men want.

Its Vin Deisel

Yes, I do have a DeviantArt, it is at.... http://demonabyss10.deviantart.com/

Ambrose_Rotten
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Nov 2010, 10:33 am

RightGalaxy wrote:
NT's who do this are gay or in the closet.

No.

It is possible to acknowledge the attractiveness of someone without expressing the desire to have sex with that person.

billsmithglendale
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2010, 11:14 am

It's funny how much homophobia something like this can trigger -- e.g., "I don't, I'm not gay!! !" types of responses.

Here's the thing -- I very much can recognize when other men are attractive, even if that is just by the male standards of attractiveness. I don't want to sleep with men, but I can appreciate a thing of beauty, even if I myself don't want it. Additionally, sometimes we have role models, and role models, even same sex ones (or especially same sex ones), are always something that is attractive to us in some way, but not necessarily sexually.

You can appreciate a good car, like a Lamborghini or a Ferrari, right? Yet you don't want to sleep with it, right? Some men (and women) are the human equivalents of these expensive cars -- we stare at them with wonder and awe.

And think of it from an evolutionary perspective -- we're all made to spot our competition, even if realistically we are not really competing in the same sphere. So sometimes this turns to haterism (e.g. "Those Jonas Brothers, or Justin Bieber, so fake and .......") when we feel inordinately threatened by someone's competitiveness relative to us, and sometimes, it's just admiration (a guy's guy, like Arnie, Jason Statham, Sly Stallone, etc.).

One thing I've noticed, as a side note -- the men who are the most threatened by other men, or who hate on gay men or feel threatened by them, are usually closeted homosexuals. They can't deal with the conflicting feelings inside, so they mask it with hate.

DemonAbyss10
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2010, 5:46 pm

billsmithglendale wrote:
It's funny how much homophobia something like this can trigger -- e.g., "I don't, I'm not gay!! !" types of responses.

Here's the thing -- I very much can recognize when other men are attractive, even if that is just by the male standards of attractiveness. I don't want to sleep with men, but I can appreciate a thing of beauty, even if I myself don't want it. Additionally, sometimes we have role models, and role models, even same sex ones (or especially same sex ones), are always something that is attractive to us in some way, but not necessarily sexually.

You can appreciate a good car, like a Lamborghini or a Ferrari, right? Yet you don't want to sleep with it, right? Some men (and women) are the human equivalents of these expensive cars -- we stare at them with wonder and awe.

And think of it from an evolutionary perspective -- we're all made to spot our competition, even if realistically we are not really competing in the same sphere. So sometimes this turns to haterism (e.g. "Those Jonas Brothers, or Justin Bieber, so fake and .......") when we feel inordinately threatened by someone's competitiveness relative to us, and sometimes, it's just admiration (a guy's guy, like Arnie, Jason Statham, Sly Stallone, etc.).

One thing I've noticed, as a side note -- the men who are the most threatened by other men, or who hate on gay men or feel threatened by them, are usually closeted homosexuals. They can't deal with the conflicting feelings inside, so they mask it with hate.

Exactly, I view it the same as you do.

Yes, I do have a DeviantArt, it is at.... http://demonabyss10.deviantart.com/

SaNcheNuSS
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2010, 11:54 pm

when everyone looks at me the first thing they think is, "Id have sex with him". Guy or girl it doesnt matter. People can be hot and yet you still have no desire to do them.

katzefrau
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2010, 12:38 am

ApsieGuy wrote:
Do regular straight guys look at TV stars and tell thier friends they think the dude is good looking?

rarely. a lot of "regular" guys are so concerned about coming across as appropriately masculine that they'll say something like "i can't tell if another guy is good looking or not" about a guy who is really obviously good looking.

i consider admission of another male's attractiveness (by a straight man) a sign of confidence and comfort with his own masculinity, not necessarily as a sign that he might have homosexual / bi tendencies.

billybud21 wrote:
It seem there tends to be much more rigid adherence to sex roles in NTs, so the men have to be manly and not talk in manner even approaching mild sexual content about another man. In general, it seems aspies are much less worried or oblivious about sex roles.

i think this is true.