Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

PenguinMom
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Nov 2010, 8:02 pm

Is it possible for prescription antihistimenes to cause irritiability and/or aggressive thoughts/behaviors?

Thanks

Wallourdes
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2010, 9:08 pm

Look it up in the Package Insert/Patient Information Leaflet. Or look here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Histamine_antagonist

delic
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

06 Nov 2010, 10:30 pm

I used to take them quite often each summer when I was younger, they would always make me feel really grouchy, not sure if that was due to the numbing tiredness they also brought on or a direct effect of the medication, it felt more like the latter.

Nan
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2010, 11:15 pm

I have varying reactions to antihistimines. Sometimes they make me very sleepy, sometimes very hyper and irritable. I haven't figured out why it's different and not consistently one or the other, but... the one I ~really~ hate is the feeling that I'm sort of walking in slow motion and my mind is about six inches above and behind my head. That's the best as I can describe it. A totally "lost-in-actual-space" feeling. Ick!

Robdemanc
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2010, 9:54 am

Anti-histermines make you drousy as a side effect. Initially this is ok. But if they are taken several days in a row they cause me to be anxious and bad tempered and give me restless leg syndrome.

They are ok for a one off I think.