Page 1 of 16 [ 245 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next

LibertarianAS
Raven
Raven

06 Nov 2010, 10:50 pm

I have not exact data but it is simple common sense: except some wacko(hint: Krugman) the greater majority of economists are far-right ultra-libertarian freedom-lover...i don't believe that you will find a simple obamacomunist above ECON 101

Liberals hate economics science,they believe it is a "Bourgeoisie" pseudo- science

They hate freedom and hate markets so they created fake-science (Like climatologism and the invention of global warming) to counter economics because,put it simply, you can't have a degree in economics,be intellectually honest and support Democrap at the same time when ALL world problems can be resolved in 3 moves:

1)implement a flat fair 3% income taxes

2)stop bailout like no tomorrow Welfare queens

stop spending billions and billions on foreign aid

stop subside Public School,Medicare,medicaid,public library,public park,public museum

3)follow me on http://www.youtube.com/user/Aliothemage

Master_Pedant
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2010, 10:57 pm

You do know that the guy in my profile picture is a leftwing economist, right?

The proper question for a right-libertopian propogandist such as yourself should be "why is it that all economists who don't base their models on demonstrably wrong assumption tend to be more leftwing?"

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2010, 11:18 pm

Ever heard of Keynes? <-link

Heard the phrase, "We're all Keynesians now" since the collapse?

LibertarianAS
Raven
Raven

06 Nov 2010, 11:22 pm

LKL wrote:

Keynas,like Marx, was wrong in basically EVERYTHING

the only true form of economics is AUSTRIAN ECONOMICS

Read Von Mises
Read Hayek

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2010, 11:28 pm

*snort*

psychohist
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2010, 11:29 pm

LKL wrote:

Noticed how we've had virtually no recovery as a result?

LibertarianAS
Raven
Raven

06 Nov 2010, 11:32 pm

psychohist wrote:
LKL wrote:

ahaha checkmate

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2010, 11:34 pm

Master_Pedant wrote:
You do know that the guy in my profile picture is a leftwing economist, right?

The proper question for a right-libertopian propogandist such as yourself should be "why is it that all economists who don't base their models on demonstrably wrong assumption tend to be more leftwing?"

I don't really know how to frame your question, or whether it is correct, or how you intend to judge it as correct. You know that both sides criticize the other as having demonstrably wrong assumptions, right?

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2010, 11:38 pm

LibertarianAS wrote:
LKL wrote:

Keynas,like Marx, was wrong in basically EVERYTHING

the only true form of economics is AUSTRIAN ECONOMICS

Read Von Mises
Read Hayek

Umm... you do realize that Keynes and Hayek actually agreed on some matters, a point made by Austrian economist Mario Rizzo?

http://thinkmarkets.wordpress.com/2009/ ... reciation/

Even further, most Austrians would disagree with your statement on the only true form of economics. Period. The only people who might come close are maybe the more extremist ones at the Mises Institute. However, a lot of them talk to other economists, publish papers in journals with other schools of economics, and so on.

Wombat
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2010, 12:14 am

Lefties want to believe that you can put ever increasing taxes on a dwindling middle class to support an ever increasing underclass of people who don't work at all.

They don't understand simple phrases like "You can't get blood out of a stone" or "The straw that broke the camel's back" or "Money doesn't grow on trees".

This is called "magical thinking" which means that if you believe hard enough then somehow it will be true.

I have such a deal for any lefties here. Buy my plans for a zero-point magnetic generator. It will power your whole house forever with evergy that is magically created out of nothing.

Master_Pedant
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2010, 12:52 am

Wombat wrote:
Lefties want to believe that you can put ever increasing taxes on a dwindling middle class to support an ever increasing underclass of people who don't work at all.

They don't understand simple phrases like "You can't get blood out of a stone" or "The straw that broke the camel's back" or "Money doesn't grow on trees".

This is called "magical thinking" which means that if you believe hard enough then somehow it will be true.

I have such a deal for any lefties here. Buy my plans for a zero-point magnetic generator. It will power your whole house forever with evergy that is magically created out of nothing.

So those lunatics who believe that tax cuts for the top 1% of the country "pay for themselves" must be pretty leftwing, right? :roll:

xenon13
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2010, 12:54 am

Austrian economists don't believe in using the scientific method. It's philosophy. It's also dangerous. Liquidationism is very dangerous.

There was a whole army of economists who warned Margaret Thatcher of the folly of her policies and another army of economists that said another stimulus was necessary in the US - so many economists take a position seen as very left wing by today's political standards.

xenon13
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2010, 12:56 am

psychohist wrote:
LKL wrote:

China has had one and they hard a far larger stimulus. Also, one may add that the crash was very similar to 1929 and yet there hasn't been a horrible depression like when Andrew Mellon, the liquidationists and the sound money people were in command. Had Teabaggers been running things it would be 1932 all over again.

xenon13
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2010, 1:01 am

This whole discussion starts with one of the biggest of the Big Lies - the idea that cold blooded rational economics support a right wing position and that right wing leaders are therefore more competent on the economy. This Lie has been very widespread and very damaging and in fact is demonstrably false. The Right bungle far more than the Left does. The Right create extremely unbalanced and unstable economies and waste millions of people needlessly - such waste the Right does. They think that struggling for survival builds character.

The Right has this thing I call Primitive Cult economics or perhaps let's use Voodoo Economics. The idea that the Rich and Corporations are gods and the job of government is to offer prayers, ceremonies and most of all, sacrifices to these gods and that if this is not done properly Wrath will take place. There's what I call also the Make the Pie Higher Lie which is based on Bush's idiotic comment - this lie that states that achieving more equality means sacrificing economic growth. This is essentially holy writ in the United States anyway it's reflexively believed. It's also false. There was faster growth in the Keynesian era (1945-80) than the neoliberal era (1980-)

The Right's hegemony is based on Big Lies.

Master_Pedant
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2010, 1:09 am

xenon13 wrote:
This whole discussion starts with one of the biggest of the Big Lies - the idea that cold blooded rational economics support a right wing position and that right wing leaders are therefore more competent on the economy. This Lie has been very widespread and very damaging and in fact is demonstrably false. The Right bungle far more than the Left does. The Right create extremely unbalanced and unstable economies and waste millions of people needlessly - such waste the Right does. They think that struggling for survival builds character.

The Right has this thing I call Primitive Cult economics or perhaps let's use Voodoo Economics. The idea that the Rich and Corporations are gods and the job of government is to offer prayers, ceremonies and most of all, sacrifices to these gods and that if this is not done properly Wrath will take place. There's what I call also the Make the Pie Higher Lie which is based on Bush's idiotic comment - this lie that states that achieving more equality means sacrificing economic growth. This is essentially holy writ in the United States anyway it's reflexively believed. It's also false. There was faster growth in the Keynesian era (1945-80) than the neoliberal era (1980-)

The Right's hegemony is based on Big Lies.

+1

The Credit Market contraction will cause a decline in demand of $1.1. trillion a year, something 700 billion dollars a year (the stimulus was around a trillion, but covered two years) won't make up.

Master_Pedant
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2010, 1:11 am

A better question would probably be "Why are most right-libertarians just simply speaking useful idiots for the rich?"