Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Kempy
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Nov 2010, 7:11 am

I am making a full length film about a character with Asperger's Syndrome. A majority of the script is already written and I am looking for help and feedback. I have posted a video stating my intentions.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDlutbBfE7w[/youtube]

Any feedback of any kind would be greatly appreciated. The site is at www.aspie-zone.net
Thanks

ediself
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2010, 7:55 am

it's a very good idea, we indeed need more authentic reprensentations of autism, but i couldn't gather what kind of feedback you're expecting since well....we haven't seen your shootings, i have no idea what your movie will look like and even the storyline is hazy , as i don't know about your life and experiences :lol:
what exactly are you looking for then?
on a side note, your hair is incredibly shiny. :D
edit: oh. the script is on your website. silly me.......

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2010, 7:57 am

I've been wondering when you were doing your film.
By the way you look like someone I used to go junior school with, some guy called Ryan.

Kempy
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Nov 2010, 8:01 am

I have re-written my original film. I will be shooting this side of Christmas, starting in the next couple of weeks. All is currently going very well.

ediself
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2010, 9:28 am

ok i'm done reading :)
i loved the ending, it's that kind of weird loop that gives a good emotional twist. That's sure to keep the people's brains going silently after they leave the theater.... ( have no normal words to express it sorry :lol: )
i'll be sure to watch it, keep us posted about the progress!

Kempy
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Nov 2010, 9:34 am

That is not actually the end. The film is still incomplete, but thanks for reading it. I will make it clearer that it is incomplete.

ediself
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2010, 11:31 am

:lol: well you should consider putting those sentences as closing lines...but hey i'll read the rest, i bet you have an even better idea....

Kempy
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Nov 2010, 1:29 pm

The following would have been an actual explanation of what it is like to have Asperger's Syndrome. This explanation is on the forum at www.aspie-zone.net. There will be this audio-visual explanation and then perhaps a closing scene ending on Monday morning, to complete the loop of a whole week.

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2010, 2:50 pm

Kempy wrote:
I am making a full length film about a character with Asperger's Syndrome. A majority of the script is already written and I am looking for help and feedback. I have posted a video stating my intentions.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDlutbBfE7w[/youtube]

Any feedback of any kind would be greatly appreciated. The site is at www.aspie-zone.net
Thanks

Nice idea. At least it's a film about Asperger's that isn't a love story like the others I know.

Are you making an amateur film autobiography of yourself or does it have some fictional elements?

Kempy
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Nov 2010, 3:13 pm

It is mainly biographical, with a few fictional elements to help it to flow. The script is available at www.aspie-zone.net. I was going to create a fictional character with Asperger's and base them on myself, then I thought it would just make more sense to write it about myself. This film is also my way of coming out to others around me. I have just spoken to my old GCSE Media Studies teacher via Facebook and he is going to help by asking the school if I can film there. I did consider including a love story, but I asked the WrongPlanet community and people generally thought it was a bad idea. I will write more extensively about my film on Aspie-Zone as I have set it up specifically to aid me in the film-making process.

Also, thank you to all of the people who left comments like "Sweet Jesus, is that your desk!"

P.S. Although it will, technically, be an amateur production, I will be using professional equipment and have a lot of people on my side, including a very talented musician writing an original score for the film. I will also be showing the finished product in a local cinema and entering it into some film festivals and competitions. There will be DVD copies available to all those interested.

Kempy
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Nov 2010, 7:24 pm

Update: I am quite sure that my script will be complete in the next few hours. Don't forget to check www.aspie-zone.net for updates.

Renagade
Toucan
Toucan

15 Nov 2010, 7:41 pm

Haven’t you already starred in an American sitcom though? :wink:

Either way all the best for the film and I hope you get all the fulfilment out of it that you want!

Kempy
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Nov 2010, 7:50 pm

Okay, I was reasonably amused by that last post. Thanks for the laugh.