Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

Aprildawn
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Nov 2010, 11:50 am

Hello My name is April. I am an artist/photographer/designer/electricians helper in Canada and I am 34 years old. My brother is diagnosed ADHD. My son is in process of diagnosis nov 29th will be final offical diagnosis. im not supposed to its autism yet but i badgered them because i NEED them to say i am right. i know it but i needed to hear it. they said yes but i must wait for them to finish up to discuss it more ...my personal diagnosis of me (and i have been obsessively researching) is autism, and ocd, i am sure of it.

I did stop by here and read you guys to learn about aspie thinking over the years. What I learned was more about what normal people think through your discussions. Things I just hadnt caught onto like when someone asks about your weekend it means they want you to ask about their weekend. i I was 33 when i read that here and i didnt realize that before.

In the early 80's I spent a massive amount of time at the University of Saskatchewan while they tried to figure me out. I cant write but I can draw photographically and i work in ...almost every art medium in existence. At age 4 I was reading encyclopedias and my favourite books were the Time Life leather bound history set and i developed a strong interest in American politics. Spelling and grammer eludes me. i am in many ways illiterate but people sometimes dont believe that because i read a LOT and thus seem to know something about everything. I stopped reading phone books when I saw Rainman. I stopped walking on my tip toes when i was 15 because they had started calling me bouncer. I stopped waving my hands when i run because they called me ret*d (kids were mean in the 80's). learning to not do that was hardest. I stim though and dont care what they think about it. I am classified as a Canadian with disabilities even though my learning issues are undiagnosed they said i was "undiagnosable learning disorder" "resistant to bonding" I have been diagnosed with PTSD. I am going to be diagnosed with Autism and am publicly and openly self diagnosed autistic while i wait for a dr with specialization in females.

I have chose to go public with my diagnosis because i am known for my talents, and i can use that to get some programs here for the little ones to get those talents developed ...and the drs didnt know what Asperger's was when i first asked for a referral for it. they still dont know. I plan to make people aware around here....actually i think i just did. Lots of talk now. People are asking about some of the embarrassing stuff from childhood but thats good they want to understand and i am explaining as best as i can.

Aprildawn
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Nov 2010, 11:57 am

oh and Aspie quizz. I know its not a diagnosis but its pretty neat

Your Aspie score: 157 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 52 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie

JetLag
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2010, 12:07 pm

Welcome greetings to the Wrong Planet neighborhood, April.

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2010, 12:07 pm

Welcome!

Wallourdes
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2010, 12:13 pm

welcome to WP

Brainfre3ze_93
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2010, 12:41 pm

Welcome!

Princess78
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

Location: Massachusetts, or in a cottage with seven little men

18 Nov 2010, 1:40 pm

Hi! Welcome to Wrong Planet!

Bunneth
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Nov 2010, 2:18 pm

Hello April, welcome to WP :D

Shadi2
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2010, 3:35 pm

Hello and welcome to WrongPlanet Aprildawn :)

Thank you for sharing a little bit of your story with us. I agree there is a lot of information here, and it is also a great place to discuss.

Shadi

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

18 Nov 2010, 3:43 pm

To WrongPlanet!! !Image

Aprildawn
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Nov 2010, 6:49 pm

thanks obsessed mother biting my nails. i hate waiting. I am called treatment resistant but i see myself in my son and i want things to be so much easier for him. I cant stop talking autism now so i thought this would be a good place to do it. My NTs are being very supportive, but its easier for them they think i have this figured out so i can relax, i have this figured out so i can get working is what i am thinking and i dont want to burden them too much with my ability to stay stuck on a topic. I know I have a one track mind when I am unto something. my communication issues are why it took so long because i am so odd people sometimes dont take me seriously when im fussing away trying to get my point across. My speach is good, and i talk too much but people understand me better when i write.

Bunneth
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Nov 2010, 5:32 am

Don't worry, I'm the same. When I've got an idea in my head I'm completely obssessed with it, can't think of anything else and spend most of my time researching into it.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2010, 10:24 pm

A very special Welkome to WrongPlanet, with a K.

The WP Kink

Eggman
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2010, 2:13 pm

Hey!

Aprildawn
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 Nov 2010, 4:34 pm

thanks for the warm welcome i am tired of being told to shut up. now im still obbsessing cus ...memories cant leave my mind. i cant forget. im going to make sure this doesn't happen again they way things happened with me....it could have been better and it will be for my son. im also apologising to everyone i didnt understand them and they didnt understand me.....im trying to be kind about it but honest.

im gonna start now and i a demanding a dr diagnose me lol they dont hear me. pat my head. "there goes April shes so smart shes stupid". now im pushing myself and doing it fast and i am letting me obsess its ugly cus when im done up im hawt lol but im a boyish girl more. i am ...this....if you want to help me feel free to point out anything autistic you see in my videos ok....drs should not be patting my head and sending me i gave them the right diagnosis...i know intellectual arrogance but i know i am right and i need help NOW. others too. im going to be heard i can speak for myself.......btw autism speaks made me really mad. i love my mother....i didnt always understand why they pushed me so hard but mom dad i get it now you did it becuase you LOVED me. ima do it for my kids too. my son will be proud and understood and my daughters diagnosed and i will show my kids to be proud. if im autistic im proud of it ok. i understand nwo and i can stop hating me right after my story ....i see it so i retraumatise myself sometimes.

drs need to be given this information!! ! and schools and parents. im going to see that thsi happens here in my province...and canada....and the world if i can. or ill just make a big ass of myself i dont know. but im gonna try hard now.

im still going its a doumentary in progress an explaination to my faimly and a cry to the world to .... if im not autistic im crazy then and need help for that then lol. i want constructive help to stop hiding from the world. and i want to be heard. im aprilgriffin on blogger.

i hope this works and teh drs here listen, and learn what Asperger's is i knew a long time ago i have aspies and autistics and 1 socilizer.

my whole town just got an education....and tehy want me to keep going...i been asking if i should stop but they say no.