hi, mother of 2 maybe 3 on the spectrum

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

missykrissy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Nov 2010, 3:21 pm

i'm new here and i'm in canada. i have 2 kids diagnosed on the spectrum and a third just starting the long wait for evaluation. it's been a rough road so far. my 11yo is an aspie and my 5yo is pdd-nos with adhd and conduct disorder. he is quite a challange. my 4yo has recently started showing symptoms of aspergers and is the same age my oldest was when her symptoms started to show so he has been put on waiting lists as well. my days consist of constant care for them, especially the 5yo as they are quite a bit more demanding than nt children. it's very frustrating for me and i am having a hard time coping with this and wondering if i did something wrong to cause this. i am hoping to find some understanding for my situation because i feel very overwhelmed and angry that this is taking over my family and my life. while i am greatful for the children and love them unconditionally it is very difficult for a parent to see this happening over and over again. looking for help.

ksuther09
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Nov 2010, 3:55 pm

Hi! I'm not a parent, but I could see where that is challenging. There are a lot of parents here and you can feel safe sharing your emotions and getting support from them. There is a special forum for parents here. I also found these links: Special Needs support Canada and Autism Society Parents' Page Canada. I know that parental support is crucial both for you and for your childrens' well being, so I hope you find Wrong Planet, these links, and other resources helpful for you.

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2010, 4:48 pm

Welcome!

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

20 Nov 2010, 4:58 pm

To WrongPlanet!! !Image

Shadi2
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2010, 7:00 pm

Hello and welcome to WrongPlanet missykrissy :)

I can imagine how overwhelmed you probably feel sometimes. It is a great place to share our stories and discuss, and hopefully you will also find information and tips to help you cope with the situation. I personally am very glad I have found this website.

See you around :)

Shadi

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2010, 7:01 pm

Don't worry. You didn't do anything wrong. The important thing is to let your children know that they're loved and accepted. It's not your fault and it's not their fault. The thing that helped me come to terms with my own Dx was reading about the positives about autism spectrum disorders. I wish the best for you and your three children.

Welcome to WrongPlanet.

The WP Kink

JetLag
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2010, 7:09 pm

Hello, and welcome to the Wrong Planet neighborhood, missykrissy.

missykrissy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Nov 2010, 11:33 pm

thanks for the warm welcomes everyone. so far i've read some pretty good stuff on here.