Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2014, 3:05 am

Along with my ASD....apparently Developmental Disorder NOS according to my therapist and psychiatrist though I also have a diagnoses of aspergers from a neuropsychologist. Anyways aside from the autism I have anxiety, depression and as far as I can tell PTSD but can't seem to get a formal diagnoses of that even though therapists and some psychatrists(in the psych ward) defiantly thought it fit and I exibit a significant amount of symptoms such as avoiding situations that remind me of the trauma and lots more but I won't list it all here.

Raziel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2014, 5:09 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
Along with my ASD....apparently Developmental Disorder NOS according to my therapist and psychiatrist though I also have a diagnoses of aspergers from a neuropsychologist. Anyways aside from the autism I have anxiety, depression and as far as I can tell PTSD but can't seem to get a formal diagnoses of that even though therapists and some psychatrists(in the psych ward) defiantly thought it fit and I exibit a significant amount of symptoms such as avoiding situations that remind me of the trauma and lots more but I won't list it all here.

I also have some paranoid thoughts occouring from a traumatic situation and I've both not dx, eventhough I was told several times that I've a trauma. It's not that important what you write on a pice of paper, but to treat the patient and to recognise the problems.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2014, 10:20 pm

double post

Last edited by Sweetleaf on 09 Feb 2014, 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2014, 10:21 pm

Raziel wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

I also have some paranoid thoughts occouring from a traumatic situation and I've both not dx, eventhough I was told several times that I've a trauma. It's not that important what you write on a pice of paper, but to treat the patient and to recognise the problems.

Maybe but I guess I like having the official dx so I know what conditions I have and thus can have an easier time having them treated.