Page 2 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Jetfox
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2006, 1:38 am

my fav stuffed animal is actually a stuffed monster truck it's grave digger i got it from grave digger's dungeon down in north carolina i've only had it 3 or 4 years but when i took it home it started ripping so now it's riddled with patches and looks like i've had it for all my whole life time.

alexa232
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2006, 12:03 pm

yay! This is fun.

alexa232
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2006, 12:22 pm

aww!

alexa232
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2006, 12:23 pm

how cute is this??!

alexa232
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2006, 12:25 pm

seriously

Raph522
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2006, 6:01 pm

alexa232 wrote:

aww!

:D

ON697Northlander
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

08 Dec 2012, 5:21 pm

lol! I have a stuffed gorilla named "Amy" that I still sleep with, and a stuffed Thomas the Tank Engine (the nostalgic railfan in me). :)

Hopefully I'll have some stuffed skunks and a stuffed raccoon on the way soon..... :)

And maybe a beaver, bunny, and otter too. :)

I used to have lots of stuffed animals when I was a kid, but I think we got rid of most of them before I started high school and moved away from my hometown.

I thought of stuffed animals as a little kid thing when I was in high school, and I stopped sleeping with Amy during those years, even though sometimes I wanted to. This was due to the goddamned molds that the NTs made, saying that teenage boys like me had to be the tough guy with the bad temper, and partly redneck too. I also avoided other people with autism because again, I wanted it to go away so that I could be "normal". Because of that, I was an as*hole and hurt the feelings of alot of wonderful people.

Well, after I left school, another autistic railfan came into my life, even after I mocked him in class and yelled at him. When he came into my life, he told me what I really needed to know - that it's okay for grown-ups to sleep with stuffies, that autism is not necessarily a bad thing (these words gave me the courage to join this place), and that I could live happier if I didn't give a s**t less about what others think.

Once that happened, I started sleeping with my gorilla Amy again, and then bought a stuffed Thomas the Tank Engine too. And now, I'm planning on getting this super-cute raccoon, a mommy skunk and her baby, and maybe a few more. :) My two closest friends, including the railfan, both are autistic and both sleep with stuffed animals too. And we're all either just out of high school or near the end of it! :P

Connecting the North since 1902

Interests: Trains, Buses, politics, Heavy Equipment, Trucks, Engines powered by diesel, steam or electricity, and history covering Europe and the former USSR from World War II to the 1990s,

CyborgUprising
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2012, 1:52 am

Though not specifically a need to "comfort" it, there is a stuffed (read taxidermied) mountain lion that I often pet on my way through the house. Just because it is long dead, doesn't mean it shouldn't get petted like the rest of the kitties. FYI, I did not slay said panther. I still have to laugh sometimes because when I pet it, I think of Bubby (my 25-pound orange tabby who died about three years ago) looking up at it and talking to it.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2012, 2:54 am

I sleep with a teddy bear that my Nana gave me 2 and a half years ago. I love it because it's the perfect size and texture for cuddling, plus it's cute too. I own a lot of plush toys but I don't like any of them nearly as much as I like my teddy bear.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2012, 4:51 am

I have lot of stuffed animals and I don't know what ones I still have since my mother told me she sold some of them. I hope they were not my childhood stuffed animals nor my huge Hello Kitty. But I have some at my home and I sleep with Clifford the Big Red Dog. It's for comfort and I like the little feeling.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.