Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2010, 12:25 pm

I'm seriously considering breast reduction. I'm 5'2 and am a 40C to a DD. My neck and upper back have been in constant pain since junior high. At first I wasn't so bad but now the moment I bend over I have to straighten out my back. Even in the shower, the moment I bend to grab something it hurts! Plus I can't fit properly into tops they fit tight around my boobs and the bottom of the top poofs out or hangs off of my body. Has anyone had breast reduction or have knowledge of it before I get the surgery?

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

starygrrl
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2010, 12:56 pm

My friend just had it, she was like a 34F or E. She had major back issues and could not sleep on her side, had trouble walking, etc. It was a serious risk to her long term health because excersize was difficult as well.

From what I can tell recovery is tough for the first two weeks (as it is with ANY surgery), but gradually things significantly improve. There is some soreness, but to heal from any surgery completely it takes about six months to a year. Within a month she was relatively active and had no real regrets in doing it. She felt better and the back, shoulder and sleeping problems vanished.

I thankfully do not have this issue.

mechanicalgirl39
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2010, 1:21 pm

I really want one too. I hate my f*****g tumors.

Kiran
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Nov 2010, 1:38 pm

i had one actually and it all went well. My advice is to be wise in your choice of surgeon, make sure he/she's got a license and avoid cheap surgery in other countries.

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2010, 1:57 pm

mechanicalgirl39 wrote:
I really want one too. I hate my f***ing tumors.

Tumors as in cancer? Breast cancer runs in my family as well as ostioporosis.

mechanicalgirl39
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2010, 2:24 pm

xxZeromancerlovexx wrote:
mechanicalgirl39 wrote:

No I was referring to my overlarge breasts as tumors, as I really dislike them.

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2010, 2:28 pm

mechanicalgirl39 wrote:
mechanicalgirl39 wrote:

No I was referring to my overlarge breasts as tumors, as I really dislike them.

Whew! Scared me for a minute. I've gotten many of bad comments of my boobs by guys. It's annoying how so many women want larger breast. I have DDs and they're such a pain literally.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2010, 3:37 pm

my cousin had a reduction and it really changed her life. i think that for some reason she was not able to breastfeed her children after she had it done, but i don't know how common that problem is. it's a small sacrifice, when viewed in the context of not having so much pain (and not being constantly objectified for her breasts. everyone assumed she was a ditz).

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2010, 5:51 pm

Since you are in pain, talk to your doctor about it and talk about surgery. I am sure the health insurance will pay for it since it be medical.

This is what happened to my mother when she was 24. Her doctor consulted breast reduction surgery for her and she thought about it for three months and decided to do it. Even if it meant she won't be able to breast feed. So she had it done but after the surgery, it is going to be painful, your back will feel better but your chest would be sore and hurt for a while and you will have these ugly scars from where they cut you open to get out the extra milk ducts and where they moved your nipples to a different sport and where they cut the extra skin off. It took my mom over ten years for her scars to fade. I am not sure how long it took for her boobs to stop hurting but it was sure more than a year. Parts of her breasts are numb so she has no feeling in those areas when my dad touches her there. This was from her experience and from what she told me. Her health insurance did pay for it.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

happymusic
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2010, 9:11 pm

My grandmother had it done. She looks great and is much happier for it. She's not mentioned any negative side effects.

mv
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2010, 8:24 am

League_Girl wrote:
Since you are in pain, talk to your doctor about it and talk about surgery. I am sure the health insurance will pay for it since it be medical.

This is what happened to my mother when she was 24. Her doctor consulted breast reduction surgery for her and she thought about it for three months and decided to do it. Even if it meant she won't be able to breast feed. So she had it done but after the surgery, it is going to be painful, your back will feel better but your chest would be sore and hurt for a while and you will have these ugly scars from where they cut you open to get out the extra milk ducts and where they moved your nipples to a different sport and where they cut the extra skin off. It took my mom over ten years for her scars to fade. I am not sure how long it took for her boobs to stop hurting but it was sure more than a year. Parts of her breasts are numb so she has no feeling in those areas when my dad touches her there. This was from her experience and from what she told me. Her health insurance did pay for it.

There's some good stuff in here, caution-wise, but please be aware that they've radically changed how breast reduction is done in the last 10-15 years. The reduction League_Girl's mom had done would likely be very different from the new way. For example, I don't think (except in extreme cases) that they slice off and move the nipple any more.

starygrrl
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2010, 10:04 am

mv wrote:
League_Girl wrote:

There's some good stuff in here, caution-wise, but please be aware that they've radically changed how breast reduction is done in the last 10-15 years. The reduction League_Girl's mom had done would likely be very different from the new way. For example, I don't think (except in extreme cases) that they slice off and move the nipple any more.

Yup, the surgery has changed significantly at this point in time. The recovery time and the invasiveness of the surgery has gone down significantly. There are still risks associated with not being able to breastfeed, but the surgery has advanced significantly in the last 10-15 years, less scarring, less damage overall.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2010, 1:19 pm

Oh. My mom had hers done in 1978.

How are some women still able to breast feed if they had breast reduction surgery?

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

lotusblossom
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2010, 1:30 pm

I'm seriously considering breast reduction. I'm 5'2 and am a 40C to a DD. My neck and upper back have been in constant pain since junior high. At first I wasn't so bad but now the moment I bend over I have to straighten out my back. Even in the shower, the moment I bend to grab something it hurts! Plus I can't fit properly into tops they fit tight around my boobs and the bottom of the top poofs out or hangs off of my body. Has anyone had breast reduction or have knowledge of it before I get the surgery?

You might get used to having big boobs in time, though I dont like mine, Im more used to them now than when I was younger. You also might find wearing a better bra is helpful. Since I got a 'freya active underwired sports bra' its made such a difference.

it comes in black or red aswell so not too ugly, and you can use it straight away while your waiting for surgery.

you may also find doing core exercises (abs/stomach) helps your back cope with the weighty breasts.

Valoyossa
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2010, 6:36 pm

There are better looking bras than Freya's sport bra, available to K-cup. But if you like this style, ok, it's available to H-cup. I tried it and it's ok.
I'm 32H and I don't think about any reduction. My body is pretty.

Better see Bras and Cup Size threads. I work as brafitter and I know that 99% women's problems and complexes about their boobs are caused by wrong size.

----
My Industrial Love: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBo5K0ZQIEY

Kiran
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 Dec 2010, 2:30 am

i've allready responded to this post, but i suddenly remembered something. There is this product called 'alexia breast reduction pills' and i've been talking to some people who say that it works. And they had no reason to lie, they weren't working for the company or anything like that. Maybe you should try that before doing something as drastic as having surgery, which will leave scars.