Why do average looking chicks expect good looking guys?

Page 3 of 5 [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2010, 2:31 pm

ApsieGuy wrote:
I'm a 100% regular face/regular body guy with decent social skills. Hence, I hit on regular looking girls. They turn me down.

I notice a lot of my regular looking female friends expect good looking guys. What is WITH this? I have a good looking male friend. He NEVER dates regular looking girls.

I notice this sense of entitlement thinking on these forums too from some of these members. I have even seen unattractive members here expect good looking guys.

Guess what girls!! !! !! !! !! ! If you are average looking, chances are...................

YOU'RE GOING TO GET STUCK WITH AN AVERAGE LOOKING GUY!! !! !! !! !! !! !!

/rant

Yes, there are exceptions. However, there are uncommon

We've been over this before. But we can go over it again if you wish. It's mainly the men here who have a sense of entitlement, and your perception of "average" is distorted by the media.

ApsieGuy
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2010, 2:33 pm

Todesking wrote:
I have seen some average looking guys get really hot girls because he had:

A) Had a really expensive car. -------------------need the good job
B) Dressed nice. ------------easy
C) Had a really good paying job.---------------might not be possible with aspergers----im dont have an engineering mind
D) Knew what to say and when to say. ------------might be doable
E) Was funny as hell.-----------------might be doable
F) Hung like an elephant.---------like loyal?
G) Knew the hot girl since they were little kids----------don't know any hot girls.......shiiiiit
H) Owned a nice house------------see C

How many of these do not apply to you? And most important which ones can you achieve? :wink:

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2010, 2:34 pm

ApsieGuy wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
Quit trolling.
Maybe they don't turn you down because of your looks, but because you're annoying and a pain.
Its the same with guys. It's what Nilescrane has tried to drum into people for days.

This is probably true. However, I have managed to appear somewhat normal to females.....and they still turn me down.

Never in my lifetime did I expect a good looking girl

edit: hale_bopp. What about chicks like Chronos? I think she seems to expect some dazzling prince charming....unwilling to settle for mister average job nice guy working towards a average job.

yes bitter.

As there is a "search" feature on wrong planet, those who care will find your claim entirely baseless, as I have explicitly stated my mate preferences.

Todesking
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2010, 2:53 pm

I forgot to add one

I) The hot girl was a single mom and the average guy was good with kids

I had a good looking waitress ask me out when she saw how well her two kids liked me. They could not wait to see me when she came to pick her check up to got shopping. Great kids but she cheated on every guy she was ever with so I would not have anything to do with her.

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2010, 2:56 pm

ApsieGuy wrote:
Cute dog

Thanks. :D

TheMinnesotaIceman
Toucan
Toucan

27 Nov 2010, 3:03 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
I see hot girls with average guys all the time.

Same here. Hell, I've even dated a few hot girls, and I'm below average! 8O

Todesking
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2010, 3:06 pm

When I worked at the resteraunt its seemed over half the waitresses there had unemployed boyfriends who stayed at home while they worked their asses off. If these guys could find a girlfriend and not have a job you should be able to get a girlfriend. I am butt ugly, autistic, had a low paying job, had a smart ass attitude, lived with parents, and they saw me get picked on without mercy at work and I still had waitresses and take out girls ask me out. What are you doing wrong? :?:

I do not like to be touched or shown anytype of affection. It all just makes me uncomfortable like a vampire being shown a cross or garlic. I also have trouble making eye contact. I have been told by one of the waitresses that wouls ask me out once in awhile my shyness was cute and she thought she could cure me of it. :roll:

LostAlien
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2010, 3:47 pm

LostAlien wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
this thread doesn't really have anything to do with what sort of women supposedly date what sort of men - it's about men trying to find reasons why they can't get all the sex they think they deserve.

it has very little to do with looks, and a whole lot to do with stanky male attitudes. and average looking man who resents women will have virtually no chance - and it's not because he is average looking. if other users can pick up on your misogynistic and sexist attitudes on WP, then i guarantee women can pick up on it in real life. improve yourself (including learning some sensitivity and working on the attitude), and your chances with women will improve.

I agree, many men who approched me before I met my bf acted as if sex with me was their right and not really my choice. Some seemed quite scary, one genuinely was a threat. Men can still scare me.

Zara wrote:
Bitter rant eh?

Try to remember that your definition of "Regular" looking might not be the same as someone else's definition of "Regular" looking. I've known some good looking girls who fancy guys whom I question the attractiveness of. Just as there have been times I've found some girls attractive despite that others don't think they are.

From my time around females, a lot will certainly comment on how a particular guy is "hot" and so and so... It think that just has more to do with women just being women. I think most know realistically that they aren't going to get together with a superior physically attractive male, it's just more for the fantasy and to gossip with.

The guys that do end up with women are usually the kind who do well by their lady and are fun to be around. I think those factors matter more to a woman than the physical part.

I hope you don't mean that I'm bitter in some way.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2010, 3:49 pm

LostAlien wrote:
LostAlien wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
this thread doesn't really have anything to do with what sort of women supposedly date what sort of men - it's about men trying to find reasons why they can't get all the sex they think they deserve.

it has very little to do with looks, and a whole lot to do with stanky male attitudes. and average looking man who resents women will have virtually no chance - and it's not because he is average looking. if other users can pick up on your misogynistic and sexist attitudes on WP, then i guarantee women can pick up on it in real life. improve yourself (including learning some sensitivity and working on the attitude), and your chances with women will improve.

I agree, many men who approched me before I met my bf acted as if sex with me was their right and not really my choice. Some seemed quite scary, one genuinely was a threat. Men can still scare me.

Zara wrote:
Bitter rant eh?

Try to remember that your definition of "Regular" looking might not be the same as someone else's definition of "Regular" looking. I've known some good looking girls who fancy guys whom I question the attractiveness of. Just as there have been times I've found some girls attractive despite that others don't think they are.

From my time around females, a lot will certainly comment on how a particular guy is "hot" and so and so... It think that just has more to do with women just being women. I think most know realistically that they aren't going to get together with a superior physically attractive male, it's just more for the fantasy and to gossip with.

The guys that do end up with women are usually the kind who do well by their lady and are fun to be around. I think those factors matter more to a woman than the physical part.

I hope you don't mean that I'm bitter in some way.

i think the reference was to the OP

LostAlien
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2010, 4:02 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
i think the reference was to the OP

Oh. It's hard to see who is responding to whom sometimes. Thanks for the clarification.

nilescrane
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2010, 4:16 pm

To get back to the original question, yeah there are women out there that are just average or ok or kind of good looking and want to date a male model or a perfect 10 guy, but those women don't get very far. There's a woman I went to high school with, pretty, but nothing spectacular to most men...maybe a 6 or 7 in looks...and she seems to want a male model as a husband. When I made a fake profile on the dating site with a really hot guy that's a firefighter, she was really interested in him even though he sounded like a douche on the profile I made ("I party with the boys, lift and bench press 24/7" etc.) I recently signed up on the site again and she's still there more than a couple years later.

Women like that don't get very far, the same way men like that don't get very far.

I also like Todesking's explanation as to how average or below average looking men end up with really hot girls.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2010, 4:20 pm

nilescrane wrote:
There's a woman I went to high school with, pretty, but nothing spectacular to most men...maybe a 6 or 7 in looks...and she seems to want a male model as a husband. When I made a fake profile on the dating site with a really hot guy that's a firefighter, she was really interested in him even though he sounded like a douche on the profile I made ("I party with the boys, lift and bench press 24/7" etc.) I recently signed up on the site again and she's still there more than a couple years later.

i get your point, but it was kind of a mean thing, to set up a fake profile like that. what did you hope to accomplish with that?

nilescrane
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2010, 4:29 pm

I was pissed off at the online dating scene and did this as an experiment...messaged a bunch of women just to see how they'd react to the hot douche type of guy.

That's why I take it less seriously now when I don't get a response on a dating site. A lot of these women, not just the attractive ones, are on there for perfection. I just message a bunch of women and don't take it seriously if I don't hear back from them.

Real life, as scary as it is, is much better. There are women out there that will like you for you.

The OP is talking about a minority group of women that are obsessed with sexual beauty the same way a lot of guys on here are.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2010, 4:34 pm

nilescrane wrote:
A lot of these women, not just the attractive ones, are on there for perfection.

That generally goes for the men on there too.

nilescrane
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2010, 4:44 pm

Chronos wrote:
nilescrane wrote:
A lot of these women, not just the attractive ones, are on there for perfection.

Not really. A lot of guys are on there pretending they want a relationship and just trying to hook-up, then there are guys like myself that are looking for dates with girls that could be a match.

Like I said, those women that aren't a 10 and want a 10 (regardless of his personality) are a minority group anyway both in real life and online.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2010, 4:59 pm

nilescrane wrote:
Chronos wrote:
nilescrane wrote:

Not really. A lot of guys are on there pretending they want a relationship and just trying to hook-up, then there are guys like myself that are looking for dates with girls that could be a match.

Like I said, those women that aren't a 10 and want a 10 (regardless of his personality) are a minority group anyway both in real life and online.

Actually..really. You may be interested in this article.
http://blog.okcupid.com/index.php/your- ... ne-dating/

You might also take a look at www.hotornot.com You might notice that men generally have higher hot scores than the woman on the site.

Of course both of these sites are a poor representation of the offline dating world.