People who use AS as an excuse for being jerks.

Page 3 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

AmethystRose
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Aug 2014, 6:34 am

The_Gimp wrote:
[. . .]
. . .one of my CBT classes I was in, along with social skills... they would teach you how to lie and how you needed to lie in certain circumstances. [. . .]

Unfortunately, they weren't teaching you lying along with or as part of teaching you social skills. Unfortunately, lying and knowing when to lie is *most of what socializing IS* for socially connected people.

See this 20 minute TEDglobal talk (Link ) for more depressing info on lying... :/

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2014, 12:12 pm

AmethystRose wrote:
The_Gimp wrote:
[. . .]
. . .one of my CBT classes I was in, along with social skills... they would teach you how to lie and how you needed to lie in certain circumstances. [. . .]

Unfortunately, they weren't teaching you lying along with or as part of teaching you social skills. Unfortunately, lying and knowing when to lie is *most of what socializing IS* for socially connected people.

See this 20 minute TEDglobal talk (Link ) for more depressing info on lying... :/

Yeah it is depressing, so if I get accused of something I didn't do, if I say I did not, I am lying and if I don't refer someone by their name, I am lying. Pamela even implied we all do the wrong body language because we're human. Just a reason why I hate body language.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

The_Gimp
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Aug 2014, 1:11 pm

It's also the exact opposite as a child. As a child, I used to lie a lot, make up stories, exaggerate to stimulate my brain.