Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Stonecold
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2010, 3:20 pm

Who here has a genetic terminal disease (excluding things like cancer)?

Wallourdes
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2010, 3:58 pm

Reciditive benign tumors also excluded?

Stonecold
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2010, 5:18 pm

Wallourdes wrote:
Reciditive benign tumors also excluded?

Yes. Why? Do you have a terminal tumor?

Wallourdes
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2010, 8:10 pm

Potentially

Stonecold
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2010, 11:41 am

What type of tumor?

Wallourdes
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2010, 7:27 pm

Ependymoma (link)

Stonecold
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2010, 5:21 pm

You don't need to give me a link. I know a lot about human physiology already.

Wallourdes
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2010, 6:01 pm

Ependymoma are pretty rare, I would rather be supprised if you knew anything already before reading the link - Even with an interest in human physiology.

The current active one is located near the brainstem and is currently squeezing of the nerve that runs from my right ear to the centre of the brain - heavy hearing loss on the right ear as a result.

Potentially fatal because of the pressure build on the brainstem if it get's closer, I am seeing a doctor tomorrow on potential radiation therapy treatments.

Before this I have already had spinal surgery from the thoracic diaphragm down to the sacrum (sacrum not opened during surgery), radiation therapies and chemotherapies (cisplatin (drip), etoposide (pills), temozolomide(pills)). It has been seven years already, first in the lower back, continuing up to height of the thoracic diaphragm, to the neck, to the brain, and now has returned as one of the two who where active last time.

Stonecold
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2010, 9:28 pm

I didn't read the link. I'm on my Kindle 3 and it can't open links in multiple windows (Wrongplanet opens links in a new window by default). I assume it goes to Wikipedia? Anyways, I study human physiology so often that it shouldn't be surprizing that I've heard of it before. I'm now an expert on it, but I do know a fair amount.

Wallourdes
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2010, 9:48 pm

Yes it's Wikipedia.

If you please, give me the layout doc :wink: