Do you think power would drive an aspie insane.

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ApsieGuy
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2010, 8:58 am

So, say you have an apie that was bullied all his life. Then he goes to college, becomes a succesful engineer.....makes money.

Now, he has power over some americans.

How would an aspie react to that?

wavefreak58
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2010, 9:02 am

You mean like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_ryNJVreiY

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2010, 9:07 am

I imagine they'd gloat at the people who bullied them and get on with being rich and successful while their bullies, most likely, work for Aspies like them. This person would not need to become an evil genius out of a film, because he would have already won at that point.

"Be nice to nerds. Chances are you'll end up working for one." -Bill Gates

Last edited by Asp-Z on 04 Dec 2010, 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

menintights
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2010, 10:23 am

You know, ApsieGuy, at this point I can safely say that you should find a therapist who can help you deal with your issues.

Your obsession with revenge and with being "an alpha male" will one day bite you in the ass.

ApsieGuy
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2010, 10:29 am

menintights wrote:
You know, ApsieGuy, at this point I can safely say that you should find a therapist who can help you deal with your issues.

Your obsession with revenge and with being "an alpha male" will one day bite you in the ass.

The more power one obtains, the more ability they have to deviate from social norms. Also, the less likely they are to be bullied

a few examples: -White Collar crime seems to have less consequences then blue collar crime. Consequences none the less

-Martha Stewart.

I'm already built, I now have social skills. All I need is more brain power(I will be investing in meds to increase this) to fix my less than average intellect, education, and money.

I am working on getting a healthcare business degree(work pays for it). If you understand how to run a business, you can generate profits for yourself!! !

Who DOESN'T want revenge on a particular bully?? I have found him too! I just need a few more things for revenge

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2010, 10:37 am

ApsieGuy wrote:
The more power one obtains, the more ability they have to deviate from social norms. Also, the less likely they are to be bullied

This is very true.

ApsieGuy
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2010, 10:54 am

Asp-Z wrote:
ApsieGuy wrote:

This is very true.

Thank you for agreeing with me!! !! !! !

So, now everyone can have a grasp of why I need lots and lots of pure power(muscles, education,money,social skills)

sluice
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2010, 11:20 am

It has with me. (diabolical laugh)

ApsieGuy
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2010, 12:53 pm

See the way I see it, you have money and power(muscles,social skills, and even money)

...... you rule this whole dam world. Remember that bully who stuffed you in a locker in high school. BAM, with enough power, hes toast.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2010, 12:58 pm

Revenge is a pretty human thing.

Of course, it won't make anyone any happier, but they don't know that.

ApsieGuy
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2010, 1:34 pm

Moog wrote:

I beg to differ. Making generalizations about everyone is never a good method of reasoning

There are some people who say money won't buy happiness. While that's partially true, it will help you cope with your problems you are having.

Revenge(as long as you can legally get away with it) will help you cope with some personal damage that the bully has done. "Well, I got him back. So, I feel a lot better" sort of thing. Although, I guess that applies to the individual....

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

04 Dec 2010, 1:48 pm

wavefreak58 wrote:

That's the theme song for my love life :skull: Jonathan Coulton''s pretty good

A comedian(I forget who) joked that being bullied makes people successful; Bill Gates had to have been shoved in lots of lockers as a kid to come up with the idea of taking over the world with computers(I forget how the joke went)

I don't think there is any standard way an Aspie would react to that. Some might be very accommodating/sympathetic to their subordinates because the bullying made em sensitive. Others might become real demanding hard-a$$es because it's how they learned to get by

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2010, 2:20 pm

ApsieGuy wrote:
Moog wrote:

I beg to differ. Making generalizations about everyone is never a good method of reasoning

There are some people who say money won't buy happiness. While that's partially true, it will help you cope with your problems you are having.

Revenge(as long as you can legally get away with it) will help you cope with some personal damage that the bully has done. "Well, I got him back. So, I feel a lot better" sort of thing. Although, I guess that applies to the individual....

I wasn't reasoning, I was talking from my own experience. When I used to go in for revenge, there was always an empty, metallic bitterness to it, and I realized I was no better for indulging in it. Revenge can lead to counter revenge too... I never liked having to watch my back all the time for retaliations on retaliation.

Reconciliation, now that's satisfying. And more challenging. The mark of a skillful person.

You could make an argument that the experience could give you a bit more confidence back, in the sense that you can reveal some of your power to yourself. But then, you aren't happy about revenging, you're happy about learning your abilities and finding confidence to act in the world. There are more positive, and in my opinion, better ways of doing that which don't increase suffering.

Last edited by Moog on 04 Dec 2010, 9:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.

menintights
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2010, 2:23 pm

ApsieGuy wrote:

a few examples: -White Collar crime seems to have less consequences then blue collar crime. Consequences none the less

-Martha Stewart.

I'm already built, I now have social skills. All I need is more brain power(I will be investing in meds to increase this) to fix my less than average intellect, education, and money.

I am working on getting a healthcare business degree(work pays for it). If you understand how to run a business, you can generate profits for yourself!! !

Who DOESN'T want revenge on a particular bully?? I have found him too! I just need a few more things for revenge

The only thing I get out of this post is how messed up you are. Harmless, but messed up.

It's tempting to blame it on the one bully who seems to still bother you that much, but I don't think it's (fully) his fault you turned out this way.

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2010, 4:41 pm

Not me it wouldn't, but watching somebody else more power hungry than me, that would actually be quite scary. :?

ApsieGuy
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2010, 10:07 pm

menintights wrote:
ApsieGuy wrote:

-Martha Stewart.

The only thing I get out of this post is how messed up you are. Harmless, but messed up.

It's tempting to blame it on the one bully who seems to still bother you that much, but I don't think it's (fully) his fault you turned out this way.

-I don't think a massive guy with muscles is exactly harmless.

-I am going to college to obtain a degree....which could make me money. Money=power

How am I harmless. I am greatly offended by this post. I can easily just go buy a gun and shoot my bully. Yes, I would go to jail....but ya