Fox boss ordered staff to cast doubt on climate science

Page 12 of 14 [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2011, 5:21 pm

ikorack wrote:
LKL wrote:
Facts have a well-known liberal bias; therefore, inuyasha will not accept facts.

I hope that was a sorry attempt at humor.
If it was an attempt at humor it was hilarious.

The best kind of humor, it is hilarious because it is true.

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2011, 5:31 pm

:)

TenFaces
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Jan 2011, 10:07 pm

Global Warming is a Fairy Tale. 2000-2009 was not the warmest decade. Total BS. There was a cyclical warming trend from 1980 to 1999. The 1990-1999 period saw a strong warming trend. So did 1920-1939. And 1300-1830 Ad saw a massive global cooling (lesser Ice Age).
This winter has record cold in many parts of the world. north America, Europe, Asia. Several years ago saw record cold in Middle East.
There have been many cycles of cold and warm throughout history. The 1990 s were warm. Nothing new. Global Warming is justan excuseto raise taxes and raise prices.
By the way, I'm not just a Republican or conservative hack. I thought the War on Terror was alarmist crap too. Global Warming, Lefty crap. War on Terror, right wing crap.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2011, 10:27 pm

Vexcalibur wrote:
ikorack wrote:
LKL wrote:
Facts have a well-known liberal bias; therefore, inuyasha will not accept facts.

I hope that was a sorry attempt at humor.
If it was an attempt at humor it was hilarious.

The best kind of humor, it is hilarious because it is true.

:roll:

I suggest you stop drinking the kool-aid and wise up. Facts generally contradict the left's view of reality.

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2011, 2:36 am

Who is it that uses the phrase, 'stop drinking the coolaid' that Inuyasha parrots over and over (remember how proud he was when he first started using it, and had to explain it each time as though we didn't already know where it was from?)? Is it Beck, or some other nutjob offering one flavor of coolaid while warning against another?

Sorry, I know this is a little cruel... it's just getting a little annoying.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2011, 1:24 pm

LKL wrote:
Who is it that uses the phrase, 'stop drinking the coolaid' that Inuyasha parrots over and over (remember how proud he was when he first started using it, and had to explain it each time as though we didn't already know where it was from?)? Is it Beck, or some other nutjob offering one flavor of coolaid while warning against another?

Sorry, I know this is a little cruel... it's just getting a little annoying.

Thanks for proving my point you have absolutely no clue about anything to do with Fox News. The phrase was used by Bill O'Reilly long before Glenn Beck quit CNN to work over at Fox News.

visagrunt
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2011, 2:45 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
Thanks for proving my point you have absolutely no clue about anything to do with Fox News. The phrase was used by Bill O'Reilly long before Glenn Beck quit CNN to work over at Fox News.

This may be, but it is certainly not the origin of the phrase.

The earliest published reference to Kool-Aid in the sense of political or economic suicide listed in the OED is found in The Washington Post of 14 January 1979. The specific phrase, "drink the Kool-Aid," as a metaphor for blind obedience first appears eight years later, again in the Washington Post of 17 July 1987.

Bill O'Reilly was a late arrival.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2011, 2:47 pm

visagrunt wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

This may be, but it is certainly not the origin of the phrase.

The earliest published reference to Kool-Aid in the sense of political or economic suicide listed in the OED is found in The Washington Post of 14 January 1979. The specific phrase, "drink the Kool-Aid," as a metaphor for blind obedience first appears eight years later, again in the Washington Post of 17 July 1987.

Bill O'Reilly was a late arrival.

I am aware he was a late arrival, but he is also the one that turned it into common knowledge phrase.

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2011, 6:42 pm

No, Honey. He might have turned it into a common-USE phrase for conservatives, but I would bet money that everyone on this board knew the origin of the phrase before you started parroting it.

edit:
as far as limited awareness of Faux News, I catch it here and there at my Grandparents' house and at the Tire store; listening to O'Reilly scream and foam for that much is plenty for me, thank you.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2011, 6:45 pm

LKL wrote:
No, Honey. He might have turned it into a common-USE phrase for conservatives, but I would bet money that everyone on this board knew the origin of the phrase before you started parroting it.

Well start paying up cause you obviously didn't.

I was aware of the fact about Kool-aid being used to by a religious cult to commit suicide, after they had murdered a US Senator if I remember correctly. I merely answered your question as to who on Fox News uses the phrase, which is Bill O'Reilly.

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2011, 6:59 pm

Honey, I'm 34. I learned about the Jim Jones cult in High School. Knowing the origin of the phrase is not the same as knowing which Faux newscaster is trying to appropriate it for their cause.

Incidentally, I continue to find it supremely ironic that right-wing fascist theocrats have started using a term that was originally meant as a warning against cult-like obedience to charismatic religious authority figures.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2011, 7:10 pm

LKL wrote:
Honey, I'm 34. I learned about the Jim Jones cult in High School. Knowing the origin of the phrase is not the same as knowing which Faux newscaster is trying to appropriate it for their cause.

Sure, whatever. :roll: You're not that much older than I am.

LKL wrote:
Incidentally, I continue to find it supremely ironic that right-wing fascist theocrats have started using a term that was originally meant as a warning against cult-like obedience to charismatic religious authority figures.

Thank you for demonstrating why you do not have a good sense of judgement when it comes to Conservatives. Cause if you had payed any attention at all to Fox News instead of the bull the mainstream media spews you would know that they pretty much always have a theme that you shouldn't have a blind cult-like obedience to charismatic people whether they be religious authority figures, politicians, etc.

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2011, 7:15 pm

I guess you don't understand the meaning of the word, 'irony.'

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2011, 8:10 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
I suggest you stop drinking the kool-aid and wise up. Facts generally contradict the left's view of reality.

hahaha.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2011, 12:21 am

Vexcalibur wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

hahaha.

Are you trying to be the next Joker for a Batman movie or something?

:roll:

LKL wrote:
I guess you don't understand the meaning of the word, 'irony.'

I know what irony means, I also know you are drawing false equivalents and using a group on lunatics as your definition of what conservatives are. You make broad sweeping statements about conservatives and then try to condemn me for bashing liberals as a group. Do you understand what the word hypocrit means?

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2011, 5:29 am

A group of lunatics?
*snerk*
Yes. Yes. We agree on this.