I feel really mad at my parents for being so weak.

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

kruger4
Toucan
Toucan

20 Dec 2010, 3:38 pm

My parents are people that generally have a negative outlook on life, they are prone to depression, they always think negatively etc...
My mom is a very weak person, she cries easily, she's very easily manipulated, she let's everyone use her in every way, she's very emotional and doesn't think logically. She had a very bad childhood and an alcoholic father, her mother was also a very negative person. On top of all that she got together with a guy that is an alcoholic(my father), how sad can it get?

My father is just really pathetic, he's so weak, I suspect he has also had a very bad childhood, he's been depressed most of his life and he has also been an alcoholic most of the time, he f****d up really bad in his life. He doesn't bathe, he doesn't take care of himself. He doesn't do crap around the house, my mom has to do everything, if something needs to be fixed she has to do it, seeing as he can't drive she has to drive him everywhere, she does all the chores, she has to take care of everything. On top of that he still gives her crap most of the times as if he's better than her, he's so egoistical.

I guess he wanted to have a baby but he was already 46 when he got me, he was chain smoking like crazy(he pretty much smoked all his life), he was drinking like crazy, I mean how bad could his sperm have been, why would you want a baby if you're doing **** like that, how can you not understand that? When I was born or maybe before it he started putting tons of money on my account because he knew that he might not be able to raise me because of the fact he might die soon from all the **** he did in his life or that he would get severely depressed, I mean who the **** makes a baby with no expectation to raise it?
Well seeing as he didn't die and is still alive I guess he had a good body, anyway while raising me he was nice to me but instead of doing it the correct way and teaching me things he just bought me toys and gave me money. He's supposed to be a role-model to me but how can I look up to him if he **** everything up? He's basically a women in a man's body, he's supposed to be the strong one but he doesn't do crap, how can I look up to that? I guess my mother tried to raise me better but she was also way to gentle and was afraid of pushing me away. She was also stopped in her tracks because of my dad that didn't want anything to do with anything modern, he's just a farmer living like it was 1950. They can't even raise the friggin dog, it's like the dog is the boss at home, the only one it listens to is me.
I've explained them how to raise it but they just don't get it, it's like they keep making the same mistakes over and over again in their life, they just won't change. Everything is made up in their minds they don't listen to anyone anymore.

I know that they want the best for me and they've always been nice to me, it's not like they were aggressive or anything. I try to be as nice as possible but when I think about all the **** they pulled it's just to hard. Even though my relationship with my mother can still be fixed in a way she just doesn't listen to me. I'm not even trying to be nice to my dad anymore, he's just a waste of time, he lived his life and ****** it up. I'm just having very conflicted feelings. I'm not even sure if I'm being egoistical or if I'm right. I mean I understand they probably had a really bad life but that's no reason to **** it up for me.

What do you guys think of that?

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2010, 5:00 pm

I'm a sensitive person myself, so I don't really have much to say about it.

Maje
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2010, 5:14 pm

"...He's basically a women in a man's body" ehem... you think women are like that?

Everything could always have been better... or worse!

You seem pretty bright and I wander if you really need an ideal to show you anything. There are multiple ways of learning to cope and at least your father has shown you what you wont do, right?

Sorry if Im offending, thats not my purpose, I just wanna say that you still have the ability to choose for yourself, cause you're no copy of your parents.

Good luck!

kruger4
Toucan
Toucan

20 Dec 2010, 6:04 pm

Maje wrote:
"...He's basically a women in a man's body" ehem... you think women are like that?

I meant that the roles seem to be reversed with my parents.

Also I know I can choose for myself, I was smart enough to understand how I should life my life and the fact that I didn't have a rolemodel has not hurt me as much as it could have.
The 2 problems I'm having atm is that
1. My parents don't listen to me, they don't give a crap about what I think or either they're just super dumb. Just right now I said I might buy a new desk chair and my mom said that she will pay for it while I have said more then 50 times already(thats no exaggeration) that I don't want her money and that if I want to buy stuff I'll buy it with my own money. It's like talking to a brick wall. I have tried so many times to make them understand but it's just so frustrating, she won't listen at all to what I say or she just forgets about it. My conversations with her are basically just repeating themselves over and over, I always have to say things a million times but I already know that she won't listen. Sometimes she wonders why I don't talk to her and I have told her countless times that it is because she doesn't listen to me but she just won't understand.
2. They don't get that we have different views on life and that I actually want to live life as a happy person without stress, I don't want to end up like them but it's like they're pushing me to be the same as them and pretty much say **** you we had a crappy life, you won't get any better.