Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

21 Dec 2010, 3:28 am

My left foot has been feeling kind of weird lately. It feels kind of like it's asleep. I sometimes feel a pulsing sensation with my heart beats when I'm concentrating on it & my foot kinda hurts a little at times to. I'm able to bend/move my toes the same as my right foot & the leg is OK.

I bumped my left elbow years ago & I had the same issues with my left hand after. My index & ring finger felt like they were asleep, I would sometimes feel a pulsing sensation & my hand would kinda cramp-up when I put it in certain positions. I saw a neurologist about it & he suspected that I had a pinched nerve in my elbow but there wasn't much that could be done for it except surgery & my hand wasn't really hurting so surgery wasn't a good option. It kinda got better over time but it didn't go back to normal on it's own. I saw another neurologist a couple years ago for other rezones but I told him about my hand to. He ran some nerve test on my arms & told me to wear some kinda splint thing on my wrist while I slept. My left hand went back to normal after a short time & I haven't worn the splint sense.

It feels like the same thing could be going on with my left foot that happened with my left elbow years ago but I don't remember bumping my knee or anything. My foot didn't suddenly get numb; it gradually happened. I'm barefoot a lot & I tend to put my feet in weird positions when I sit; like I have my feet on top of the legs of my computer chair, I sometimes have em tuned sideways on the legs, I also sometimes sit on my feet. It's possible that my foot problems could be related to that but I'm not having problems with my right foot. I'm trying to be more careful with how I sit but I'm wondering if there's something else I can do. I don't wear shoes around the house because my feet hurt/cramp up after a while when I wear shoes. It doesn't seem to make a difference what kind of shoes I wear & it has been like that sense I was a kid. Should I start wearing shoes around the house? Also when I was having problems with my left hand; I had seen my general practitioner before I saw the 1st neurologist & he told me to try taking over the counter anti-inflammatory meds. It didn't help with my hand but I'm wondering if I should try that for my foot & if so which med should I try? I'm not currently on any kinds of meds.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Sparrowrose
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2010, 4:11 am

Get your blood sugar checked. That's one of the first things that happen to diabetic's feet. It's nerve damage from the high blood sugar.

Not saying that's what's going on with you, but, get your blood sugar checked just in case.

Avatar=WWI propaganda poster promoting victory gardens.

maddycakes__
Raven
Raven

21 Dec 2010, 6:34 am

That has happened to me before (I'm talking a few days at a time). I think perhaps you should get checked for Reihnards? Do your hands and feet get cold really easily/have bad circulation? It can be related to poor blood circulation, the tingling and numbness etc. My father is a doctor and thinks that I have Reihnards although I haven't actually been tested for it.

conan
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2010, 9:23 am

raynaud's </pedant>

TheSpecialKid
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Dec 2010, 11:53 am

It funny that this comes up now, as I'm having the same thing with both hands. At the same time, I feel a bit out of myself, I don't really know how to explain it. It's really weird, and it some things gets pretty hard to do!
I hope it goes away soon. :?

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2010, 12:23 pm

Sparrowrose wrote:
Get your blood sugar checked. That's one of the first things that happen to diabetic's feet. It's nerve damage from the high blood sugar.

Not saying that's what's going on with you, but, get your blood sugar checked just in case.

I've been tested by my doc before & everything was OK but I haven't been checked lately. My grandma has a diabetic test kit; I'll check next time I go there & I'll see a doc if it's not good.

maddycakes__ wrote:
That has happened to me before (I'm talking a few days at a time). I think perhaps you should get checked for Reihnards? Do your hands and feet get cold really easily/have bad circulation? It can be related to poor blood circulation, the tingling and numbness etc. My father is a doctor and thinks that I have Reihnards although I haven't actually been tested for it.

What are Reihnards :?: My hands are fine & my other foot is OK.

I think it's a nerve thing because it feels like what happened with my left hand years ago & I do put my feet in weird positions a lot. I'm wearing shoes today. Maybe that will help after a while kinda like with my hand

danandlouie
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2010, 7:09 pm

there's a condition called small (nerve) fiber peripheral neuropathy that has similar symptoms to diabetic neuropathy but has no one cause and in many cases is idiopathic. check it out on the web. let's hope this is not what you have cause it absolutely sucks and there is no cure.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2011, 8:05 am

Someone on another site suggested that it may of been poor circulation from not moving it enough & that I should try moving it around more. I've been more active offline than I have been lately because of things going on with the holidays & my foot is a lot better than what it was so that may of been what was going on. I will look up fiber peripheral neuropathy latter on.

Xandra
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

01 May 2015, 1:37 am

That's a good news you are much better now and everything works perfect.