Page 1 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2011, 3:09 am

emlion wrote:
i liked to cut her hair off.

Yes, quite fun. I did this to all of my sister's Barbies. And the Barbie Townhouse had an elevator I was quite fascinated with. However, other than that, Barbie was never of much interest to me.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2011, 5:40 am

I used to take the arms, legs and head off mine and stick them into the wrong sockets.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2011, 6:48 am

My barbie had really really long hair so I used to braid it, do hair wraps in it, and dye it with food colouring.

guineapigirl
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

03 Jan 2011, 4:34 pm

I used to dress them up in different outfits and have them act out different movies.

daedal
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Jan 2011, 3:56 pm

I had a few Barbies, one of them had rollerskates :D
I remember getting quite het up at one point because lots had purple eyes, which wasn't realistic. I ranted away about it to my mother. I used to cut off her toes, because they were all floppy.
I loved my dollshouse, but mostly just rearranging the furniture. I'd also play postman and make up parcels for them to open. Open, close, rewrap, open, etc.

tomboy4good
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2011, 7:11 pm

I got hand-me-down Barbies from older cousins. Never understood why girls liked them so much. Never had much interest in dolls whether they were babies or older like Barbies. I guess I saw them more as being creepy. On more than one occasion, I decapitated them much to my mom's horror. I think she thought it meant I'd grow up to do the same thing to people. LOL

Now stuffed animals...that's a whole different situation! :-) Loved being surrounded by them.

Aspie Score: 173/200, NT score 31/200: very likely an Aspie
5/18/11: New Aspie test: 72/72
DX: Anxiety plus ADHD/Aspergers: inconclusive

happymusic
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2011, 7:56 pm

I never really got into barbies but my sister was. My stepmother had one from the 1960s that I liked because she had eyelashes that stuck out that I could touch.

y-pod
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2011, 9:41 am

I was not exposed to Barbies until adulthood, so I only got a few "collector's dolls" for display. I think they're very beautiful and all the ones I chose have very long hair. I love long hair. I braided all my Barbies' hair. Never did anything other than combing and braiding their hair.

alicedress
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Jan 2011, 11:33 am

puddingmouse wrote:
emlion wrote:

Me too. I thought 'she would look so much better with a flapper bob...oops now she looks like a something out of a survival horror film'. :lol:

:lol:

bee33 wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
i used to do the same thing. i also used to colour her hair with food colouring (red, blue) and colour more makeup on her with markers. additionally, we were poor and so my barbie didn't really have any extra clothes besides the ones she came with so i used to sew her some new fashions.

i definitely had hangups of wanting to be skinny and beautiful like her. but Betty and Veronica had a bigger effect on me.

I used to make tons of Barbie clothes. (I still have them.) I actually preferred making the clothes than playing with the dolls. But I never thought Barbie was beautiful. She had such a weird shaped body. I had two Skipper dolls, Barbie's little sister, who had no boobs at all, and I much preferred them. Whenever I played with the Barbie, she was the mom. I never thought she was glamorous.

I tried to make clothes for my Barbies. I failed miserably.

Valoyossa
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2011, 11:48 am

I liked to stare at Barbies, but I didn't know how to play them. I had one and she spent most time on my shelf. My cousin had many dolls and a lot of clothes and I used to dress up her dolls. I never played games like Barbie meets friends or Barbie goes shopping or Barbie's and Ken's wedding. Although I loved to dress Ken in those pink shiny dresses. He looked really cute in them.

----
My Industrial Love: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBo5K0ZQIEY

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2011, 4:23 pm

I liked Barbie's nose, profile, hands and feet. Feeling often asexual, I certainly could relate to her lack of genitalia.

MalcolmsMom
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

23 Jan 2011, 7:16 pm

Never owned one, never played with one in my life. ZERO Barbie interest. I did have a Skipper - anyone remember those? But I was only half-interested in her. My sister had tons of Barbies, a Barbie camper, cars, clothes, god knows what all. I had no interest. I thought the body shape was stupid, the clothes stupid and boring.

I did love baby-dolls. I played orphanage a lot. :lol:

miserylovescompany
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2011, 7:18 pm

I never liked Barbie, when my younger sister had her friends round they would play with a load of barbies, and Ken, and I used to creep into her bedroom when they went to do something, and I would take Barbie & Ken's clothes off and very carefully place Ken on top of Barbie :twisted:

syrella
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2011, 9:02 pm

puddingmouse wrote:
emlion wrote:

Me too. I thought 'she would look so much better with a flapper bob...oops now she looks like a something out of a survival horror film'. :lol:

This comment made me laugh. :lol:

But actually, I didn't really like Barbies much. They weren't too interesting to me. Now... if we start talking about My Little Ponies, though...

Xuxa
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

16 Feb 2011, 9:48 am

I loved my Barbies. I hid them in my closet when I got too old to play with them. I finally gave them up when I was about 14. I think it was just a matter of pretend social interaction that I had complete control over. I couldn't screw up and be laughed at because I was both people in the interaction. I think this is why I play The Sims now.

"I'm already out of foolproof ideas so don't ask me how to get started, it's all uncharted. Each day I'm countin' up the minutes till I get alone 'cause I can't stay in the middle of it all" Sara Bareilles, "Uncharted"

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2011, 10:39 am

I was obsessed with Barbie hair. It was perfect. Mine was all kinky and messy. I always thought it was fascinating that if she were real, she could wear a Kotex and NEVER get it all bunched up. It would stay in its exact shape.